Little tiny brown snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
Zero39
Question Little tiny brown snakes

I was interested in getting a couple of brown snakes. It's not the poisonous ones. It's drack's brown snakes or something like that. If anyone knows what I'm talking about plz tell me where I can get a couple, how to care for them, and how much they cost. Thanx

Old 06-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Storeria dekayi, Dekay's brown snake. They're not typically available in the pet trade; if they are, they are almost certainly wild caught. Wild caught animals that have survived the rigors of the retail pet trade are often in very rough shape and not recommended for someone new to reptile keeping.

They are native to your area. If you do collect some for your own personal enjoyment, please commit to keeping them for their natural lifespan; do not release any captive animals, native or not.

As wild caught, they will do much better for you if they get a vet check; they will likely need to be deparasitized, as well as evaluated for Ophidiomyces ophiodiicola (snake fungal disease).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread

Tags
brown snake, tiny snakes