Some field herping pics from Pennsylvania (9) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-28-2005, 07:44 AM   #1
TrpnBils
Some field herping pics from Pennsylvania (9)

All this time here and I never knew there was a photography forum! I spend too much time on the corn snake one apparently

Anyway, here are some of my personal favorites from NW Pennsylvania. I'm going out today too, so hopefully I'll have some other species to add tonight! Hopefully I can get the majority of local species on camera by next Spring and I might try to sell a few at a herp show in March or April.

Black Rat Snake (hatchling)

Longtailed Salamander

N. Water Snake

E. Red-spotted Newt (Eft stage)

N. Redbelly Snake

N. Dusky Salamander

Wood Frog

American Toad

N. Slimy Salamander

I have a bunch more of other species too, but I think I've already killed dial-up users as it is

Old 09-30-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
aimee_s
awesome!!

wow! those are really amazing pictures! what type of camera do you use?

all of those pictures are excellent, my personal favorite seems to be the E. Red-spotted Newt photo... I think it's because of the coloring of the newt itself along with the background its in.

very beautiful, i can't wait to see more!

Old 09-30-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
TrpnBils
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee_s
wow! those are really amazing pictures! what type of camera do you use?

all of those pictures are excellent, my personal favorite seems to be the E. Red-spotted Newt photo... I think it's because of the coloring of the newt itself along with the background its in.

very beautiful, i can't wait to see more!
Aimee, thanks for the comments. The newt photo is one of my favorites too, and actually I had debated to put that one or another one (below) in my original post. In this second one, he had moved to a different area and I just used natural light and a long exposure time as opposed to flash. It's odd to see the color difference, but either way he was pretty bright.

I use a Panasonic DMC-FZ3 digital camera with various filters (close-up for macro, neutral density and polarizer for waterfall and landscape shots). I'm very impressed with the camera (12x zoom, can't beat that when dealing with wildlife), especially for it being fairly inexpensive.

The stuff I posted here only gives a little bit of an idea of what it's capable of doing. Check out my galleries here if you'd like. I'm particularly happy with how my waterfall shots have been coming out lately!

- Jeff -

Old 09-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #4
DAND
Thumbs up Sweet!

Awesome pics there Jeff.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrpnBils
All this time here and I never knew there was a photography forum!
Actually...........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Please note that this forum is ABOUT photography, not FOR photos you want to post, unless those photos illustrate a point you want to make about technique, equipment, or some similar topic. There is a photo gallery attached to this site which you are encouraged to post your photos in, if that is what you are intending to do. You can reach the photo gallery by simply clicking on the orange highlighted link up at the top of each page in the Inside FaunaClassifieds menu bar.

Thank you.

Whatever was I thinking when I started this?

But those are pretty amazing pictures. I especially like the firey newt. You got some skill.
I try, but nothing I would brag about. Just barely good enough to post. LOL

BTW, are those pic props, or wild pics?

Ciao,
Rick

Old 10-13-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
TrpnBils
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
BTW, are those pic props, or wild pics?
they're all wild shots

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!