Ohio Call to Action - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #31
scarnicom
Thumbs up

Great to see the Colmbus and cleveland shows showing their support by collecting signatures for opposing the ban! Keep it up

Old 01-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #32
EricWI
First of all, thanks to everyone who's called/emailed/sent letters regarding Emergency Rule 1501:31-19-05 currently in place in Ohio; also, thanks to everyone who's contacted us to be added to the List of Opposition. The encouraging news is, we are making some progress. On Tuesday of this week, the Governor's office instructed the ODNR *not* to file the permanent rule which the ODNR was planning to file with JCARR that day. Before anybody gets too excited about that -- it doesn't mean we've won. It does, however, mean the Governor is listening to our concerns, which is what we asked him to do.

The next order of business is for everyone to get on the ODNR website and enter your comments on this rule (refer to my earlier emails if you need suggestions on what to say). Again, be polite but firm. If the rule directly affects you or your business, explain that; if you don't live in Ohio but do business in Ohio, explain that. If it affects you as a non-commercial owner, explain that. The website address is:

ohiodnr.com/tabid/23166/Default.aspx

When you go to the website, you will see ODNR's "official position" at this time.

We cannot afford to let up; we must keep the pressure on. If you haven't called or emailed the Governor's office yet, please do so immediately. The person to contact in the Governor's Office of Constituent Affairs is:

Michael DuChesne (pronounced Doo-Shay)
Phone: (614) 644-0829
email: michael.duchesne@governor.ohio.gov

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 01-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #33
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricWI View Post
the Governor's office instructed the ODNR *not* to file the permanent rule which the ODNR was planning to file with JCARR that day. Before anybody gets too excited about that -- it doesn't mean we've won. It does, however, mean the Governor is listening to our concerns, which is what we asked him to do.
I heard it was because they are not sure they want the odnr to oversee this. It will more likely be the Ohio dept of agriculture. Any truth to this that you know of?

Old 01-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #34
Foschi Exotic Serpents
I'm a little confused by all of this.. I have a customer in Ohio who is wanting to put a deposit down on some snakes. Am I right in assuming that as of yet, it's still safe to ship BPs to Ohio? If it's not then please tell me.

Thanks.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #35
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
I'm a little confused by all of this.. I have a customer in Ohio who is wanting to put a deposit down on some snakes. Am I right in assuming that as of yet, it's still safe to ship BPs to Ohio? If it's not then please tell me.

Thanks.
BP's are fine. They are going after the big boys only. Retic, Burms, Rocks...

Old 01-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #36
Foschi Exotic Serpents
Thank you.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #37
tz34
Keeping the ball rolling. More letters, e-mails and phone calls!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!