Marauke BTS available with setup - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Skinks

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
Seraea
Marauke BTS available with setup

Hello all! I am considering rehoming my skink locally. I am finding people perusing forums to be more knowledgeable about these animals and Facebook is bit scary (speaking from experience)...

Here’s the deal- we have a very small house (under 900 sq feet) that tends to be very cold (low 60s and sometimes even in the 50’s) so keeping my skink’s enclosure top notch is an anxiety source for me. She seems happy, comes out in search of food, is rather social (its cute!) sheds fine, eats fine etc- but there’s risk her enclosure can get too chilly at night. I think she might be better suited in a home with a more consistent climate. I am not open to shipping her. I live near Albany NY (east of) and I am open to traveling an hour to do the hand off.

I got her last winter from a girl who rescued her from poor conditions- she (not sure) had been living in a tiny tub and was estimated to be just under a year old at the time. I’m thinking that’s pretty accurate as she hasn’t grown since, and would eat for me a few times a week but over the summer started looking for meals once a week (she’ll be 2 this summer by my estimation). She had lost some toes from sheds that weren’t checked, and has a small kink in her tail- we guess from metabolic bone disease that has since resolved. She came to me with a bloody, rubbed nose which I also healed up quickly. She’s an awesome girl, pretty chill and when blueberries are waved in her face she will take them right out of your hand. When she comes out she comes up to the doors and scratches at it with her hand trying to get our attention. We love her! That said- I want the absolute best environment for her.

She has the largest exoterra enclosure, two hides, a stockpile of food I’ve prepared in the freezer (enriched with calcium) the exoterra hood light, an additional lamp for heat (the hood can’t handle heat bulbs) and a UV bulb, manual mister and a log humidifier (needs 7$ replacement motor from amazon) among other goodies. There is an undertank heating pad but I think it will need replacing since the adhesive is on its way out.

I’m only looking for 300$ to ensure a good home and it would include all of the above which adds up to quite a lot. If anyone is interested I’ll also share my basic food recipe that she seems to like so you can keep things consistent if you’d like, but also make tweaks for seasonal produce and such.

Thanks for reading!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: mov C3B388FB-CA6C-4DB2-81EA-0636A10FFAA3.MOV (400.3 KB, 64 views)
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #2
Seraea
Forgot to mention- there’s a jump start thermostat and power strip with timer included as well.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #3
Jamesc0625
I might be interested

Old 02-04-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
Jamesc0625
I just need to check I can once I get back from vacation

Old 02-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
weblizard
I might be interested; I’m in CT, but up for a road trip!
If you want to improve the setup to keep her, I have some ideas- I’ve been keeping herps in New England for many years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-05-2018, 04:47 PM   #6
Seraea
I’ve sort of tried it all- the backside of the screen top is covered to keep in humidity and I don’t think that’s an issue since she sheds well. I just worry about the temperature fluctuations. There are some mornings we wake up and it’s in the high 40s indoors! We rely on the wood stove for heat and this house is a fairly new work in progress . Space is limited so I can’t have multiple high heat lamps above like I used to.

I just want to be fair to her. We are huge animals lovers and want her to have the best life, especially since this species tends to be wild caught and that’s already pretty unfair, in my humble opinion (no offense to anyone who finds nothing wrong with that!)

Where are you both located? I’m about 1 hour 15 minutes from Hartford and 40 mins from Albany NY
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
weblizard
I’m in Milford, down on the coast; it’s near New Haven

Old 02-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #8
Jamesc0625
I’m in poconos

Old 02-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #9
weblizard
Hope you got through these storms ok! When you dig out from under the snows, say hi-

Old 03-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #10
CryptidCritterRanda
I would definitely be interested! She's beautiful, I also already have an enclosure setup if you would like to keep your exo terra for potential future animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!