Tom Snyder Zoological Supply --deadbeat-ripoff- - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:28 PM   #41
HerpVenue
I hate it when this happens to good guys.
I specially hate it when it happens to a good guy that always has done me right.
Best of luck Ben.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:46 PM   #42
BenSiegelReptiles
update-i have received $50 so far-he says he sent out another $250, so we will see if he did indeed send it--

Old 02-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #43
bcherps
I think it is funny that he is trying for a good guy cert now.

ben cole

Old 02-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #44
Jim O
Anything further on this Ben?

Old 02-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #45
BenSiegelReptiles
update

Update is that he has sent two $50 checks and a $250 check-I do not think that this would have happened without the help of the boi--he swears that he is going to pay the remainder, we will see what happens-Ben

Old 02-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #46
Greg Riso
My Experience With Tom

FWIW, I didn't change my good guy vote for Tom because not to long ago he helped me recover money for an animal from someone that lived in the Ocala area. I was not sure if the party involved had moved from the area or not and I had no way of contacting this person. Tom contacted me and said he thought the person I was looking for had been in his store recently. We kept in touch and I've little doubt that without Tom's help I probably wouldn't have recovered my money which was around $200. The party that owed me money had fallen on hard times financially but ultimately made good on the debt. Now it's obvious Tom is having difficult times. When money's scarce it's easy to get behind and can be overwhelming to dig ones self out. Anyone that's been there know's exactly what I'm talking about and should not be so quick to pass judgement. For those that don't have a clue, I hope you never have to experience the stress involved. There's a big difference between refusing to pay debt and not being able to. Did I miss something where Tom said he flat out had no intention of ever making good on his debts? I'm not making excuses for Tom but he did go out of his way to help me once and for this I am grateful.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:04 PM   #47
Jim O
That's great Ben. The $350 is better than nothing. Hopefully he comes through before he leaves the country, if that's still his intention.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #48
pfan151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Riso
There's a big difference between refusing to pay debt and not being able to. Did I miss something where Tom said he flat out had no intention of ever making good on his debts? I'm not making excuses for Tom but he did go out of his way to help me once and for this I am grateful.
There is also a big difference between explaining to someone that you are having money problems and just ingnoring them. Tom owes me a small amount of money and has totally ignored me. I send a Paypal request and he cancels it. I pm him and get no response. I understand going through hard times. I am sure most people on this board has gone through tough stretches at some point in their lives but ignoring the people you are in debt to is not the way to handle it. I actually considered Tom a good guy at one point but that time is long gone. When Tom's store was going down I even bought a few animals that I did not even really want to help him out a little. Looking back at that makes me feel like a fool.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #49
samguerra
Its disrespectful to ignore friends

I have to 100% agree with John. Ignoring someone who has helped you in your time of need is just plain disrespectful. You ignore debt collectors who harass you, you DON'T ignore your friends who have stepped up in your time of need and helped you out!!!!! I too have placed numerous calls and emails to Tom Snyder over the past several months about my situation with him, and I still have not had any responce back from him. I left him a message today for the first time in a couple of months. I wonder if he will call me back or not????

I will let you know.

PS: Tom, if your reading this, RICH wants his cages back NOW. I do not know why he hasn't brought it to the BOI yet, but i will. You have his cages in storage by my office unless you sold them. Thats the only reason I can think you wouldn't return his cages by now. I can pick them up for him any time. That between you and him, so give him a call.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #50
Greg Riso
Agreed, It's Not Cool

It's not right for Tom to ignore you. In Ben's case, it seems Tom's sincerely making an effort to settle that score. Hopefully you guys will be compensated as well soon. Again, as I said earlier, I'm not making exuses for Tom and hope he can get it together.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!