Heating my new Vision tank. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
Dragon Cocktails
Heating my new Vision tank.

I just got my vision tanks that I ordered. They are 36” W x 28” D x 18” H. The way the tank is set up it only will fit a 5.5” light fixture. I have a Zoo Med 75w Repti Halogen bulb in to. The light fixture says not use anything bigger than a 75w bulb. The bulb sticks out of the fixture just enough that the fixture will not sit completely flat on the screen. Do you think this is going to be a problem? I have nothing in the tank at this time. I am just trying to get an idea of what the temps are going to be like. Directly under the basking light it is 114.5 F. everywhere else on the hot side of the tank is like 78 F. On the far side of the tank, the cool side it is 70 F.

This is a link so you can see how the tank it set up. http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/...th-extra-vent/

Old 04-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
dinkanber
I have a bulb that sits right on my screen and its fine.just make sure its not near any plastic.

Lisa

Old 04-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
heartmountain
Try different brands and types of lights (household bulbs, spots, floods, it doesn't have to be reptile specific). If that still doesn't work you may have to break out the power tools and make some modifications.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Dragon Cocktails
I found a fixtuer that will fit. So I can use a biger watt bulb in it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!