Repti-Bator - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
WingedWolf
Repti-Bator

As part of my ongoing experiments with this product...

Once determining that a humidity higher than 70% was difficult to achieve when the incubator was set up normally, I have set it up abnormally.

After siliconing all of the drainage holes, I also siliconed the 4 notches around the top edge of the base. I then put water in the base, added the foam insert, and put the top back on.

This increased the humidity inside to only 80%. Rather disappointing!

Obviously, in order to make this incubator functional for reptile eggs that require near 100% humidity (as so many do), I will need to modify it further.

I'm debating how to seal the styrofoam so that when I apply tape around the top, it won't pull the foam apart when removed.

I was really hoping that this product would be all that it appeared to be, and I have been sorely disappointed. My HovaBators do a much better job of holding humidity. The built-in thermostat and hygrometer are working fine. This incubator would work fine for stacks of eggs in deli cups, by the way--as long as they're in sealed containers with their own individual humidity control. It holds even temperatures quite well.

It's really not bad for $100--it's a bargain. But it could be so much better. The lid design is unimpressive.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
JHB1982
I don't think it's doing very well sales wise. I've sold about a dozen in the US, but I send them overseas every week. I'd like to hear more feedback about them.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #3
StrictlyExotics
Personally,

I think they are worthless if you have to count on the readings it produces. I used one, lost my incubator in the tornado, for three clutches in a pinch and the LED display went out before the first egg(s) hatched. Before that, it read humidity at its highest point right around 85% but looked like it was raining inside the incubator itself. For the price, there has got to be something better out there.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
jfreels
I've had no problems with humidity in mine. I put some water in the channels on the bottom and poured some directly on the foam. I set it up about three months ago and it's been holding steady. It's in a room that's kept around 45% humidity.

I have not found it a waste for a few leopard gecko clutches. At $100 though, you could make a bigger incubator for less.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
leolsdy
I keep getting the hovabator its by far the best bang for your buck.i use it for my beardie eggs an my leos.as far as the repti bator i owned 1, i used it for 2months an could never get the humidity very high at all an i live in maine where the humidity is awfully high even when its cold.so i junked the repti. and bought hova bator an everything is great

Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
AlamoAgama
off topic i know.

if you have a hard time keeping humidity high inside the incubator. try using deli-cups with specific amount of holes in them to help each deli-cup hold its own humidity.

also. there is a product out there
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/6ad2/ <this is identical to
http://www.bigappleherp.com/Accu-Tem...tile-Incubator <these are identical. but labeled differently.

also the one on the first link needs an a/c adapter that can be purchased separately, only down side.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!