AP Economy Racks for colubrids? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 12-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
MDC_Ophiuchus
AP Economy Racks for colubrids?

I am planning on getting an economy rack from Animal Plastics, and was wondering how these racks work for medium colubrids. I have some sub-adult and adult House snakes (cornsnake size) that I need improved housing for.

Has anyone used AP racks for colubrids? Can colubrids escape easily from these?

Old 12-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
hhmoore
I use the 10 high 41qt economy line racks for my medium sized adult bulls, and have never had a problem. There does seem to be a slightly larger gap than on my regular 41qt AP racks, and baby bulls could definitely escape (partially due to tub design).
I've never used the 32qt economy series, but I have put small bulls in both standard 15qt and 32qt racks without issue.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
I would not order their listed 15/32 qt racks for colubrids. I've had Cornsnakes escape out of the new Sterilite tub design (old tubs were perfect, but it's unlikely you'll find them). They make a 1846 28qt rack which should be suitable for most colubrids (size works great for my Cornsnakes) and the tubs aren't the crappy latch ones. A lot of what they make isn't listed on their website, so you really should locate what tub you want to work with and contact them.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
MDC_Ophiuchus
I'll give them a call today if I can.

What about Repti-Racks? Anyone ever use them? Are they reputable?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC_Ophiuchus View Post
What about Repti-Racks? Anyone ever use them? Are they reputable?
Maybe it's your phrasing, but that seems more like a BOI question...not something to be discussed in consumer reports.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
MDC_Ophiuchus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Maybe it's your phrasing, but that seems more like a BOI question...not something to be discussed in consumer reports.
Well, I was mainly inquiring about their products, not necessarily their service. Maybe that makes a difference, or maybe it doesn't.

In any case, I've decided not to buy from them, so its a moot point now. (shrugs)

Old 12-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
WingedWolf
The 18 quart AP economy rack will hold juvenile corns and garters--the 42 quart adult rack will not.
I would keep hatchling colubrids ONLY in one of their hatchling racks, that are designed to be much tighter. That is their recommendation as well.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
MDC_Ophiuchus
Yeah, they have conversing with via email, and they said the Iris juvie/hatchling racks (which are available in economy line) would be the tightest fit for small colubrids.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #9
TriangleReptiles
And with AP, they will build to suit your needs......specify the tub you want to use, how high a rack, etc, and they will make it for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!