Animal Records Database - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

View Poll Results: Which Animal Records Database do you use?
Metzcal 0 0%
Degei 2 50.00%
Pencil and paper or pen 2 50.00%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
Andrews Arboreals
metzcal all the way, degei never worked right for me. i also keep written records

Old 03-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #12
R. Eventide
I'm way too picky about data entry, so I have my own army of spreadsheets to keep track of everything. Most programs don't have everything I want, and so I have to keep track of something myself anyway, and the nice thing about spreadsheets is that they work on all OS (which is great since I use Windows, Mac, and Linux).

Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Eventide View Post
I'm way too picky about data entry, so I have my own army of spreadsheets to keep track of everything. Most programs don't have everything I want, and so I have to keep track of something myself anyway, and the nice thing about spreadsheets is that they work on all OS (which is great since I use Windows, Mac, and Linux).
Yeah, but you gotta be smart to build those up.

That's why I use Metzcal. Keeps track of EVERYTHING. Cages, which animals are where, vet visits and treatments, breedings, feedings, water changes, defecation's, nutritional value of what you're feeding them, lineages, genetics (although I admit, you have to be a bit creative with the genetics part to make it work how you like it), equipment being used, sales.

Only thing I wish it would do is have an inventory that reduced it'self as you feed the animals. Other then that, I dig it.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #14
WingedWolf
Degei has the inventory that automatically reduces when you feed.

I've stuck with Degei, and I love it. The creator is always quick to help if any bugs come up, and send patches and corrections. I understand he's working on a brand new version now, since the old one has issues with that evil version of Windows that no one likes. Since I use XP Pro, that's fine with me--Degei's working great. I can't wait to see what new toys we will get with the next version!

Old 03-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #15
Abby
I use iHerp, which I'm completely addicted to I'll admit I plan to have a program on my computer for backup, but iHerp does a lot on it's own for me.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
Degei has the inventory that automatically reduces when you feed.
True. I just can't bring myself to PAY for it.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #17
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
True. I just can't bring myself to PAY for it.

Last time I checked it was free. You only had to pay for the version that had the bar code scanner attached.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #18
Southern Wolf
http://www.eyehit.com/degei/

Old 03-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #19
crotalusadamanteus
The one I looked at a while ago did mention a bar code reader. LOL Didn't know about a free version.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #20
Southern Wolf
I used it at one time then I got lazy.

the new computer I have has windows 7 on it... Im hoping it will work with that version of windows because Id like to start using it again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!