Reptile Basics vs.Big Apple - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
akaangela
Reptile Basics vs.Big Apple

I am going to need flexwatt soon. I have been looking between Reptile Basics and Big Apple. Anyone have a preference one over the other? I hate to say it but my order is going to be a pain as I am going to have them put the flexwatt together with the clips and extention cord. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
hhmoore
I've made a few purchases from Big Apple, and received my products in a timely manner...but I can't say anything about their customer service (straight online order, no contact).
I've purchased from Reptile Basics a few more times, and, as I've said on the BOI, Rich's customer service is outstanding. I'd choose Rich based on that fact alone.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
Shadera
I've never ordered from Big Apple, but Rich at Reptile Basics is always happy to wire flexwatt strips for you. Great customer service too.

From the flexwatt page:
Quote:
If you would like us to connect you Wire/Clipset for you please also select the heat tape connection option and leave us instructions in the comments box when checking out.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Clay Davenport
I have also purchased from both companies, but Rich is my go to guy now on anything he carries.
I never had a complaint with Big Apple, but you can't beat the personalized service Rich provides. He takes care of his customers and is one of the few businesses that I recommend to anyone without hesitation. I've known Rich for quite a few years now and have gotten all kinds of stuff from him, cages, flexwatt, misting systems, rodent watering supplies, he is without a doubt one of the best suppliers out there and will definitely take care of you, not his staff, or other employees, he is personally involved with every transaction.
If he sells something I need, I buy it from him period.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
Tim Cole
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post
I have also purchased from both companies, but Rich is my go to guy now on anything he carries.
I never had a complaint with Big Apple, but you can't beat the personalized service Rich provides. He takes care of his customers and is one of the few businesses that I recommend to anyone without hesitation. I've known Rich for quite a few years now and have gotten all kinds of stuff from him, cages, flexwatt, misting systems, rodent watering supplies, he is without a doubt one of the best suppliers out there and will definitely take care of you, not his staff, or other employees, he is personally involved with every transaction.
If he sells something I need, I buy it from him period.
Same here!

Old 02-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
polasian
It seems as if you cant go wrong with either . I've personally never done any business with Reptile Basics, however I have purchased from Big Apple on multiple occasions. I first started ordering from them in the mid-late 90's when they were relatively new. I used to pick up my orders from what used to be little more then a storage lot (well, it was a warehouse, but not a big one).

Everything from feeders to rodent caging to probe sets to heating elements...they were my one-stop-shop! On one occasion, after placing a large online order for 2k +...I get a call out of the blue saying "Thank you for your purchase, there is still some room left in one of the shipping boxes...what would you like us to fill that space with?" Long story short, I ended up getting several more products absolutely free. This was in the mid 2000's, when they were already very well established. That doesn't happen often (as a matter of fact, that's the only time I've received a call of that nature from anyone).

Its really nice having watched them blossom from a "mom & pops" to what they are today. I can not say a single bad thing about Big Apple.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
akaangela
Thank you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!