Incubators - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 06-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #11
Stardust
I am now in the market for an incubator. Hova Bators I have heard mixed reviews on so I am leaning towards trying to find something else.
I have used my homemade one but now want one especially made and holds more then mine.
Any suggestions???

Old 06-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
Golden Gate Geckos
Nature's Spirit!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 11:23 PM   #13
geckoguy_ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Nature's Spirit!!!
Hi Marcia,
How many Rubbermaid shoe boxes would you say fits in the Nature's Spirit incubators. I need something a little bigger to incubate my Ball Python eggs next season.
Thanks,

Old 06-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #14
collisonzoo
Depending on the size of the shoebox, I'd say you could easily fit 12-15 in a Nature's Spirit incubator. Also, if you're looking for something bigger, get in touch with Casey. He does custom designs, too, and you can't beat the quality, service or price!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 AM   #15
Stardust
Thanks Marcia, will find the site and check it out.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #16
SPJ
Anyone ever hear of this one or use this one before?
I am thinking of upgrading from a hovabator and I like the fact that this one has the low water alarm and you add water to the unit to control the humidity.
http://www.geckoincubator.com/

Old 06-24-2007, 11:45 PM   #17
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Anyone ever hear of this one or use this one before?
I am thinking of upgrading from a hovabator and I like the fact that this one has the low water alarm and you add water to the unit to control the humidity.
http://www.geckoincubator.com/
My honest opinion on that one Steve is it's a lot of hype for nothing. I was shocked when I saw what they wanted for that. Don't waste your money.
The reason you add water to the unit to control humidity is it's tiny. The unit itself is the incubation container.
I don't know what they consider medium eggs, but you're never going to get 60 snake eggs in a 19" x 16" space unless they're cornsnake eggs packed closely. Well, maybe rough green snake eggs, but show me someone who'll have 60 of those at one time.
Regardless, even if you only get 2-4 clutches in there, they're all together. Unless you're breeding nothing but normals or codoms, you won't know what you have when they hatch and start moving around. Forget any breedings that will produce hets. Keeping track of bloodlines is out too.
Unless you're just wanting a real expensive box to incubate single clutches in it looks like a waste of money to me.

On the same hand I haven't seen a lower end "commercial" incubator yet that I thought was worth the asking price. I have $40 in my 21 cubic foot incubator not including thermostat and I just can't see those $300-400 jobs working any better.
The NS and Big Apple incubators look like fine pieces of equipment, but at $500 and $600 with a thermostat for something less than half the size of mine? Not hardly.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:26 AM   #18
FunkyRes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
On the same hand I haven't seen a lower end "commercial" incubator yet that I thought was worth the asking price. I have $40 in my 21 cubic foot incubator not including thermostat and I just can't see those $300-400 jobs working any better.
Yeah - I have to agree on that one.
I think it is a supply/demand issue - there isn't enough demand for them yet to drop the price - as many hobbyists into herps are able to build their own - even if it consists of nothing more than an old ice chest and a water heater.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #19
TripleMoonsExotic
I have a JP Incubator. I haven't actually gotten to use it yet because I got it after all the eggs have hatched, but I'm excited to use it next year. Thing's massive, I can fit a LOT of Cornsnake eggs in this bugger!
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #20
deborahbroadus
I have the Avey incubator. I love the fact that it's digital and supposed to be "set it and forget it." However, the unit has spiked twice since I have had it and stuck at high temps. I have had to unplug it and leave it unplugged for 24 hours in order to reset it.

Thankfully this happened during the summer, I would hate to think what would have happened to my bp eggs if it had happened during the colder months.

The jury is out on this incubator from my perspective.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!