Allen from Reptile Kingdom, in New Jersey, Beware - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #181
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfrog
Difference between self importance and self defense Ed, but thanks for playing. We have a copy of the BOI Drama home game for you....

I seriously don't think of myself as in any way important to anything involving this site. If i never came back after this post, i highly doubt anyone would even notice. i will not have my honesty and integrity attacked so some idiot can feel good about himself.

A hypocrite is a hypocrite. Like you said, the OP got paid. Does that change the fact that Allen has sent out a number of bad checks? It turned out good in the end, but you can't seem to grasp the fact that your prediction means squat in the face of piss poor ethics. If you believe that your prediction had anything to do with Allens decision, then you can feel good about yourself can't you idiot?

Old 04-11-2008, 08:31 PM   #182
spawn
Again, as before, I don't condone bouncing a check to anyone, which why I don't write them or take them in this business. I do understand as a self employed induvidual checks do bounce and in your an the other cases it may or may not be intentional. I don't know Allen well enough to say so.

It's important that you keep track of what you say Adam, otherwise you embarass yourself in a thread that should have been done when Chris "got paid", ie. several pages ago. Your main beef seems to be that people [or the one person] who said Allen was a "scumbag" for "writing bad checks" don't "know anything" about Allen, but "hide behind" a keyboard and write derogatory stuff to feel "good" about themselves, right?

Well let me paint you a more succinct picture. A guy writes a bad check, and then stops communicating with a customer for a few days/weeks. He brings it up in the BOI [however inappropriately], and people start flaming the vendor, because HE HAS WRITTEN MORE THAN ONE BAD CHECK IN THE PAST, as well as LIED ABOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE CHECK'S CONTENTS, integral things like the payee's home address -- to delay payment because he didn't have. Someone comes on and calls the vendor out on his garbage he pulled, and you don't think he "knows anything". Weeks later, the customer gets his payment after a 37 thread on the BOI is manifested.

Does it sound familiar? It should, because that's what happened here. Except one part, where I left out that YOU Adam are a hypocrite, and continue to call the people that potentially helped pressure Allen to get those payments to Chris sooner than later (this is a rare case, and I'm actually happy it happened for once) "keyboard warriors" and people who "hide behind keyboards". You belittled the debt, because getting money whenever you get it is just as good as getting the money when you wanted, or it is in your world.

And how exactly are we "hid[ing] behind [our] keyboards?" Should I call you over the phone, or make hotel reservations in your city everytime I make a post directly related to you? Because I'll tell you one thing, I don't have the time or money for those arrangements. Apparently people who call you on your stupid, hypocritical postings are "hiding", but people who are kind and nice to you, aren't "hiding" for some reason. I don't get it. I guess selective morality makes sense when it fits your argument!

Face it Adam -- if we reserved the BOI threads to people who only directly knew the vendor or the customer in those situations, the threads would be no more than three posts long and nothing would get done. Even if you don't think the harsh people on here got things rolling for Chris, it at least reminded Allen that there are plenty of people who are keeping their eyes on his unprofessional behaviour.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #183
cyberfrog
I am only going to respond on one point of your post which is this: If you really think this site had anything to do with the payment of the person in question you really should file down that cranial ridge and stop your knuckles from dragging the ground before you post again. With that I rest my case on this whole scenario. Anyone who wants to have a real human conversation can feel free to do so any time.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #184
cyberfrog
Common sense=

Old 04-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #185
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfrog
Common sense=

If common sense is so common, how come you haven't got any? Posting pictures of your credentials won't change it.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #186
cyberfrog
ZING! Wow, you got me good on that one....

Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #187
memnoch1970
i think this thread did have an influence on allens discission. he stated it bothered him to me. spawn and mindy thanks for all the intelligent post. allot of the others...... you to monkeywrench, good lookin out. cant we all just get along....

Old 01-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #188
michaelynn
Meh,

Whatever Allen said, wether he feels bad about it or not he is still acting the same way: I feel that he has ripped me off of over $1400.00 and now refuses to respond to attempts at contact reguarding the matter.

All in all if Allen does pay me the money he owes me, as a result of him dragging his feet, he has stolen christmas from my children, has forced me to sell of animals I wanted to keep, in order to bulk my animals for winter (barely) and as it stands now, it will take more money for mice that I dont have to be able to breed this year. In that respect it is my opinion that Allen is a scammer and thief.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #189
ReptileKIngdom
I guess i will put in my two cents here since once again this involves me. Michael i appologize for taking so long to get you paid, however i intend to pay you as quickly as i possibly can. I have been burned many times over the past year, i am sure as a direct result of the floundering economy which has effected myself terribly as well. That is why i have been unable to get you paid. I did not sell your animals and keep the money for myself to make your suffer, in fact i still have most of them for sale but have not had buyers for them. Is it right for me to not have paid you? Absolutely not, however i have not been able to generate enough sales to make that happen, and as i said i have been burned more in the last year than ever in the history of my business. Also to address another point of this thread, do i write bad checks. Yes i have written bad checks, however not on purpose as funds were there when i wrote the check but due to checks bouncing on me caused those checks to bounce. I have never intentionally written a "HOT" check for the record. I hope i can further work this out with Michael because as i said, i never intended to not pay him.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #190
TripleMoonsExotic
Allen, you simply shouldn't have ordered the animals if you didn't have the funds to pay for them. That's bad business.

Your company is listed as a vendor at the Reading show tomorrow, yet you haven't paid for animals you're selling? I know you do Hamburg and Larry's shows, yet you don't have the money to pay this man his money?

Come on...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!