Inquiry Jeff @ house of snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
C.J. Vogler
Jeff @ house of snakes

Has anyone had any kind of out come with dealing with him??? I paid for a ranco thermo like 6 weeks ago and I guess the usps just can't seem to get it to me according to Jeff. Let me know if you have any info about him or advice for me.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
LauraB
So exactly what is the problem according to Jeff? Can you post emails?

Old 11-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
C.J. Vogler
Well I paypaled him $60 in September. I was told, after I paid, that he didn't have any on hand and he was waiting for a shipment to come in. After a week I asked him about them and he had nothing for me. To make this a short story, it's been about 6 weeks and so far I have no shipping info. I posted a couple visitor messages, sent emails, and sent pm's and he hasn't answered. I went to his home page here on fauna and was going to leave another message and someone had beaten me to it. Someone else left a message saying they were wanting to know where there shipment was and that they had filed a dispute with paypal. I have tried to be leanient and understanding but it has been to long with no solid answers or proof that he even sent anything out for me to just keep waiting. I don't know if he knows this thread was started or not but I am going to leave him a visitor message with a link to it so maybe he can clear this up.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
LauraB
I think at this point, if it were me, I would request a full refund. I personally would question why he is selling animals & accepting payment for animals he either does not have possession of or cannot quickly acquire to fulfill orders.

Since he's also apparently done the same to another customer, and has not communicated with you or the other customer, I certainly don't think a PayPal dispute is out of order.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
C.J. Vogler
I have done a paypal dispute before. Do you know how to do that?

Old 11-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
C.J. Vogler
I meant never done a dispute. Sorry.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
LauraB
I've only filed one dispute for a non-animal related electronic product that I purchased but never received through eBay.
It was simple going into my eBay account and then clicking the item number, then reported it never received. After another screen opened, I believe I was given the option to proceed with the claim. At some point I was automatically transferred to PayPal, signed in and continued the dispute. Not terribly difficult and I was refunded.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
C.J. Vogler
Alright I filed the claim with paypal. I guess we'll see what happends.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #9
Rainbowboaman
You should post his last name, any contact info you have like a phone number &/ or email address you paid him with so it will show up in a search.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
I've only filed one dispute for a non-animal related electronic product that I purchased but never received through eBay.
It was simple going into my eBay account and then clicking the item number, then reported it never received. After another screen opened, I believe I was given the option to proceed with the claim. At some point I was automatically transferred to PayPal, signed in and continued the dispute. Not terribly difficult and I was refunded.
In my experience with Paypal, the problem is that buyer protection only applies to purchases through e-bay. If it is any other kind of purchase, Paypal does not guarantee that you will get your money back. Chris, did you use a credit card charged through Paypal? If so, it is far easier to file a chargeback with your credit card if the seller does not come back with a product or a refund. I would personally start by asking for a refund through Paypal, then go to a Paypal dispute, then go to the credit card (hopefully). I ALWAYS use credit cards through Paypal now as I saved myself over $300 by doing that and filing a chargeback to get my money back.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!