Anyone Know Chris Of Raging Reptiles?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-10-2004, 04:31 PM   #1
Neil Gubitz
Anyone Know Chris Of Raging Reptiles??

This is NOT a bad guy thread (yet).... I'm just really not sure what to think at this point, but here's the story.... On Sunday, 8/8/04, I had a couple of back and forth emails from Chris, of Raging Reptiles about two of his Kryptonite Veiled Chameleons.... I decided to buy them (after he sent me a picture of the parents), and I gave him my credit card for $100 shipped.... he told me they would go out on Monday, 8/9/04 via UPS Next Day Air by 10:30am (I didn't bother asking for a tracking number), and I would have them TODAY (8/10/04).... well, needless to say, it's now 4:30pm (est) and they haven't arrived.... I've tried emailing him and calling him (leaving him a couple of very nice, calm messages) all day with no response at all.... now, granted, right now, it's no big deal since I can always get my money back from my credit card people if I have to, but, I'm just curious to see if this is the norm, or am I just being too anal at this early stage??.... Does any one of you know him and maybe can shed some light on this MINOR situation??....
Obviously, if they show up, I'll come back and say that, too.... I have no reason to think he's ripping me off because he seemed very nice BEFORE he got my money.... and there's nothing in THIS search engine with his name on it to judge by....

Here's all the info I have on him....

Chris @ 775-751-2147
Email Reptilerancher@aol.com
Visit www.Ragingreptiles.us
Las Vegas, NV

Thanks.... Neil

Old 08-10-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Well, without him seeing this thread, Chris just called me to tell me that he had a big problem with someone in his house (or business) and had to kick him out yesterday (or something like that), and he wasn't able to send out my Chams as promised.... he's going to call me tonight to solve this MINOR problem.... so, all's good.... I guess I jumped the gun just a little.... oh well....

Chris.... if you ever read this.... please accept my apology....

Neil

Old 08-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #3
Iggy189
Good Guy

I bought two leopard geckos from Raging Reptiles in March of this year and I received the geckos they were in good condition. For my geckos I'm not sure if I dealt with Chris or with his brother but I think it was his brother.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
geckokreeper
This is a little of the topic but Chris has an ad on ReptiBid for a variety of different leos about 4 to be exact. Anyways I was at another site and I saw the same picture he is using to advertise his leos on this site. The site is http://www.geocities.com/krazyexotic...?1079160328559

I informed Chris of this incase he didnt know. I am not saying they were stolen or putting anyone down. Just wanted to through this out there in case they are stolen pics.

Old 08-13-2004, 07:10 AM   #5
Manhattan Herps
Krazy exotics = big time scammer

his name is Eric Albertson, he's from burlingame,CA

I made a trade with him after talking to him for about 2-3 months, the trade was 2 AFT;s for my healthy male SHCT, he informed me that the geckos where as healthy as can be...when they got here...they where skinny sickly animals, i informed him of this and he laughed and said "oh well" he does not in any way take care ot his animals, i've seen pictures of his enclosures.never buy from him

the 2 fat tail geckos passed away about 2 months ago, i ifnormed him of this one more and sent him the vet bills and again he would do nothing, woul'nt even replace them

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!