Meet Crush - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
Boa4u
Meet Crush

I found him to be so beautiful that he was my only BRB male holdback in 2006

He is so bright orange in person that I find myself looking for the battery he must have swallowed!!

He already has a lady friend lined up for a courtship in fall of 2009.(love those tongue shots, don't you?)

And this is Crush's Momma, Xuxa. I got her back in 2001 I believe. She has produced 3 litters for me, 2005, 2006, and 2008 and the babies just get better looking.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
Randall Turner
Beautiful holdback and momma.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Junkyard
Wow! they are a smokin' pair, 2009 should be fun for you. Please keep us updated.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Boa4u
Thanks guys!! Crush is still a little jittery when you first take him out him but his parents are totally calm and easy to handle. I have found that they usually calm down in their second year. Crush hasn't quite got around to reading the memo!!

Don't you just love how their bellies are totally white and how the background color on their sides can turn white at night and the mickey mouse ears that many of them have on their dorsal patterns? I find them to be so interesting, kind of biased I guess!!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Very beautiful BRBs, both of them! They both have such nice side crescents. I love it at night when their sides go white, it gives them such a neat look. The BRB I used to have had tons of 'mickey ears' down his back, I thought they were so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Old 09-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Boa4u
Thanks April! I feel better now, I am not crazy!!, I am not the only one who has seen Mickey Mouse on BRBs!! LOL!! BRB's are cool, the white sides thing is fascinating to see. I have often wondered what the purpose of the white sides at night is. Does it help them camouflage better? Is it to deter predators by making the black dots on the sides stand out more and look like big eyes or something?

Old 09-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
I think that's a pretty good theory about the dots looking like eyes. Check out these old pics of my BRB:
dark/day phase

light/night phase

The dots really stand out against those white sides.
And I just like this pic where he's showing off his mickey mouses Boy, sometimes I really regret selling him. Ah well.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
Boa4u
He was awesome! Did you ever try and mate him with that big red female in the pic with him? Must have been a very unusual litter if they ever had babies!! No worries and no looking back about giving him up, you can always get another one if you have the space and the time, right? I am sure you remember that they take a little more time to care for than regular boas but to me it is well worth the price.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Hahah! Yup, he tried to mate that big red girl but no litter, they would have been 100% het plush.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!