Time to evaluate the issue of replies in the classified ad sections. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Has the "no reply" policy in classified ads helped or hindered?
Yes. Re-enable all replies to the classifieds sections. 179 50.42%
No. Keep it as it is with replies to the classifieds disabled for non-paying members. 127 35.77%
Didn't go far enough. Disable replies in the classifieds sections to ALL members. 36 10.14%
What? I wondered why I couldn't reply to classified ads! 10 2.82%
There are classified ads here? 3 0.85%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #21
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
OK. Done. Please see how that looks now.
I think this is an awesome change! Thanks!
Great idea Noelle! (and Melinda for the wording)

Old 01-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #22
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
As a non-paying member I tried to reply to an ad so I could see the error message. I can see why you're getting inundated with emails based on how it's worded.
There IS an Announcement, posted at the top of every page of the classifieds - in red - about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I suppose it just pisses them off when I reply to their emails with "Please check the Feedback Forum on the site."
I generally refer them to the above mentioned Announcements...though I was probably a bit snarky in the last one. It was a tired and cranky morning, though; and I've been warning people about that side of me for years.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #23
Celtic Constrictors
Oh, that offer was only extended to Melinda! Not you Rich... No worries, Big Meanie.

That looks pretty good. I particularly think the [b]old words make it clear as to why one cannot post a reply.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #24
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
There IS an Announcement, posted at the top of every page of the classifieds - in red - about this.
Well, if you're up for constructive criticism...
- There are a ton of classifieds. When I'm looking for a particular snake to buy I just use the site's Search function in the top menu bar, so I only see ads for a particular morph. I rarely see the list of announcements.
- The announcement is mixed in with the other announcements and pinned threads, and those are listed below the site sponsors. I blow right past all that stuff to get to the new ads on the rare occasions that I'm not using the Search function.
- The only indicator on the ad itself that a user may not reply is in the little green box on the lower left that states what the user may and may not do on the page. It's very easy to miss.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 PM   #25
EricIvins
Personally, I want a classifieds section separate from the Forums. The Forums are made for a question/reply scenario, the classifieds are not. There are ways to contact anyone posting on the classifieds, so I don't see the point in being able to reply to an add. If I see something that interests me, I contact the seller. This is not Facebook, and should not be treated as such...

Old 01-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #26
Mooing Tricycle
Rich that notification is SWEET!!!!!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #27
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Rich that notification is SWEET!!!!!
Yeah, I thought that was a good suggestion, and was easy for me to implement myself.

However, dollar to a donut bets that I will STILL get people who will cut and paste that notice and send it to me via email complaining that they cannot reply to posts.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #28
hhmoore
Quote:

- There are a ton of classifieds. When I'm looking for a particular snake to buy I just use the site's Search function in the top menu bar, so I only see ads for a particular morph. I rarely see the list of announcements.
- The announcement is mixed in with the other announcements and pinned threads, and those are listed below the site sponsors. I blow right past all that stuff to get to the new ads on the rare occasions that I'm not using the Search function.
- The only indicator on the ad itself that a user may not reply is in the little green box on the lower left that states what the user may and may not do on the page. It's very easy to miss.
The section specific search is a more effective method, FWIW, except you would be in the category and scrolling post the announcements to use it.

As far as this announcement being mixed in with the other ones; I'm not sure there is a fix for that...it is the announcement section, after all. Until today, there were only two in red, so that should have helped draw attention to it.

It is clear that most people don't read the announcements; so if you've got a suggestion for a more effective means of notifying people of policies and/or changes, I'd like to hear it.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:16 AM   #29
WebSlave
Quote:

Not much that can be done about that without some seriously intrusive and aggravating things like popup notices and the like. There would quickly be reached a point where the desire to get messages from management across to the membership would become such a pain in the ass to the members that it would be completely self defeating.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:54 AM   #30
Rainbow Bearded Dragons
I feel in order to post or reply to ad.s in the classified sections, you need to be a paying member.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!