About the Trader's Ratings - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Should the Trader's Ratings be changed to allow ALL members to give ratings?
Yes, allow ALL registered members to give ratings. 43 40.19%
No, keep it as it is with only paying members being able to give ratings. 64 59.81%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #31
Snake-Queen
I understand what you are saying that it was never intended on being a perk. How about a benefit?

I think allowing everyone to use the trader rating is asking for trouble. There are many unscrupulous people that will abuse this feature & leaving no recourse for the honest people who are ethical.

The only fair way to activate it for everyone is to have a abuse reporting function & the moderators having to sift through it all. That is not fair to the mods.

If left to fend for ourselves, and that is not a fun prospect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-31-2015, 09:29 PM   #32
nickolasanastasiou
Rich, now that the idea has been broached as a perceived benefit/perk (what have you) by paying members, do you consider it now despite not having it a point of consideration before? If you now consider it, are you counting it as valid concern by some of the membership or dismissing it as irrelevant (or less relevant)? I am trying to more thoroughly understand the perspectives involved, so I thank you for weighing in.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:51 PM   #33
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Rich, now that the idea has been broached as a perceived benefit/perk (what have you) by paying members, do you consider it now despite not having it a point of consideration before? If you now consider it, are you counting it as valid concern by some of the membership or dismissing it as irrelevant (or less relevant)? I am trying to more thoroughly understand the perspectives involved, so I thank you for weighing in.
Actually my thoughts on it are irrelevant at this point. I am just tired of hearing complaints about non paying members being unable to use the Traders Ratings, so I have now placed the decision in YOUR hands. I will accept it no matter which way the coin lands. I don't think I can be any fairer about it. After the voting ends (April 30th), any further complaints about it, either way will simply get the URL to this thread and the end of the discussion as far as I am concerned.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:09 AM   #34
Pasodama
Preventing, or limiting, bogus trader ratings is the #1 reason why it should be left as is. With only paid members having the ability to give ratings (trader ratings).
In fact, the possibility of bogus trader ratings (if opened to all) is enough of a reason, alone (without other reasons needed), to leave it as is.

Non-paying members have the ability to use the BOI in order to leave a positive, or negative, posting re. a person/company.
Of course, a bogus thread can be started on the BOI. However, there is that added benefit in that there are too many intelligent individuals that can figure out whether, or not, it is bogus.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:16 AM   #35
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
However, there is that added benefit in that there are too many intelligent individuals that can figure out whether, or not, it is bogus.
... With the ability to leave commentary, evidence, etc.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #36
Fangthane
I have a feeling that it's going to end up being the FB crowd that's most interested in voting to open up Fauna's Trader Rating system to a free-for-all setup. Either way, I think that would be moving this site a step in FB's direction, which I can't personally put any kind of positive spin on. I think that the current setup allows for at least some semblance of credibility being inherently built-in to the system. There are already noteworthy instances of the rating system not telling the whole story, so everyone should still be checking the *real* BOI before any transaction. As long as that free option is on the table, there's no real reason to complain about not having free access to the rating system.

Considering how many people I've managed to rub the wrong way, I can't even begin to imagine how far into the negative my Trader Rating would be if each of them could have freely given me an undeserved negative rating on a whim. There have been some real psychos over the years. (0) is at least somewhat better than (-11). I might have actually had to be nice.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:49 PM   #37
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Another thought ... I think if more perks are taken away from the paying members, it would significantly decrease the amount of paying members. Why pay, when we can get all the perks for free? Unless, you are going to come up with new stuff we can get as a bonus for our membership fee.
As some of you know, we are working on adding a "perk" exclusive to paid members. We are trying to randomly select and feature classified ads by paid membership on Fauna Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/FaunaClassifieds
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2015, 01:58 PM   #38
nickolasanastasiou
I appreciate that effort, Robert.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #39
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
As some of you know, we are working on adding a "perk" exclusive to paid members. We are trying to randomly select and feature classified ads by paid membership on Fauna Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/FaunaClassifieds
Just to set the record straight, there is no "we" at all about that project. Robert has taken that under his wing completely and is the sole motivating force behind that particular perk. I just think that credit should be given where credit is actually due.

Thanks for all of your help here, Robert.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #40
WebSlave
For the record, the poll now stands at 16 for, and 37 against, opening up the Traders Ratings to all registered members.

If YOU don't vote, YOUR opinion on this doesn't matter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!