Fedex packages getting stuck in Memphis, TN. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Ultimate Pythons
Fedex packages getting stuck in Memphis, TN.

Ok as you all probably know I am out of the ball python business and have had to ship 20 or so packages in the last week or so while selling off my collection.

I have had 3 packages last week that went through Memphis, TN and were delayed overnight. I spoke with Fedex and they could give me no reason for the packages to be delayed an extra night. They told me they would get to the bottom of this and resolve the issue.

Ok so I shipped out another package Yesterday to Houston, TX from here in Oklahoma and what do you know the package went to Memphis, TN and is still there. I called Fedex and once again they have no clue as to why the package has been delayed an extra day.

Is anyone else having any issues with this happening? I have only one more snake left to ship and I am hoping it doesn't have to go through Memphis.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the three snakes that I shipped last week that were delayed all arrived a little cold but they were ok. And yes I used heat packs.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
bigpimpen22
Yes as you know I'm gettin one of the snakes you shipped out yesterday and I was suppose to receive another package today but it got delay in Memphis...I talk to the guy I that shipped to me and he said that the flight was delayed because of weather...but as I checked the weather before I even asked you guys to ship and it said the weather was fine so I have know idea...and after all that I missed work with know snakes...but don't get it wrong it wasn't the guys that ship it fault so plz don't think I'm tryin to bash them they were great about it and contacted me everytime they heard something so thanks a lot josh (ultimate pythons)

Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
hhmoore
There can be a lot of reasons for delays, fog and icing aren't as easy to project by looking at the weather. If it was something that happened AT FedEx, then that is a different story...and maybe something they have to address internally.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
bigpimpen22
Correction he said that they did miss place them or left them behind

Old 03-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
MrBig
I would be fighting to get my shipping costs reimbursed if they failed to make delivery on the day that was agreed upon (from fed ex) I know I would be livid if one or more of my animals was kept for an additional day. Guess now I'm kinda glad most of my stuff goes through Indy.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
cmalchow
We were actually just talking about this over at cs.com. There have been a few members over there that have had delays lately. Of course delays will happen from time to time but there has been a significant rise in the last couple weeks.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
bloodybaroness
This happened to me last week. I had a package coming from Sean Niland that arrived in Memphis at 6:48 am, then it was held in Memphis all day.

The customer service rep tried to pull some junk about the box not being properly marked as a live animal or Sean not having the proper certification. This is Sean Niland from VMS we are talking about! That was the best marked live animal box I have ever seen.

Now granted the package was held up in Colorado because of a wind storm, but why can it not leave Memphis for a full day?? It arrived at 6:48am. Is there only one plane? I think not.

It really worries me since everything I get in my area comes via the Memphis hub.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:33 AM   #8
RustyNuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodybaroness View Post
This happened to me last week. I had a package coming from Sean Niland that arrived in Memphis at 6:48 am, then it was held in Memphis all day.....

.....Now granted the package was held up in Colorado because of a wind storm, but why can it not leave Memphis for a full day?? It arrived at 6:48am. Is there only one plane? I think not.

It really worries me since everything I get in my area comes via the Memphis hub.
I can shed a little light on why it sat there all day. I don't work for FedEx but do work for UPS' Next Day operations here in Louisville.

If the package didn't get there until 6:48 in the morning then it had already missed all of the outbound flights for the day. Yes, there would be another round of flights later in the afternoon but those would be servicing the 2 Day and 3 Day volume. Next day volume is seldom able to be sent with the 2 and 3 day volume. Often times if it were it would be delayed another day. It's actually quicker to be held in Memphis for the day, strange as that may seem.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
bigpimpen22
Yes same here with me everything I get goes to Memphis 1st Smh

Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
reptilebaby
My last shipment of snakes from Fed Ex was a nightmare. First, when I am expecting a shipment I hang out in my living room with my dogs and watch the door. No one knocks and gets past my dogs hearing them!

Shipments don't usually arrive before 2:30, but I still jump up and down every 10 minutes or so to check. I went and checked again at 12:35 and saw a door tag on my door. MISSED delivery at 12:32. WTF?? I know they didn't knock because my dogs were right there with me and they ALWAYS run to the door when someone knocks. They were going to take my shipment back to the fed ex hub, 2 hours away, and not going to attempt to deliver it again till the next day. It took both me and the breeder calling and chewing some seat meat, before they promised they'd have them to me before 6:30 pm. They would have died if they had been in the box that night because the temperature was dropping again that night. The driver was a new one. I don't know why it wasn't my regular driver this time, but he tried to claim he pounded on my door and no one answered. My dogs would have been in front of the door if that had been true. and at the time I had been sitting in my recliner less than 4 feet from the door!