Kristin and Brian Johnson (BAD GUY) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
SSReptiles
Kristin and Brian Johnson (BAD GUY)

I did a deal with Kristin Johnson in June 2005. We did a trade for my nice 2005 abberent female boa, and for her 6' cage. I needed space at the time, so I needed cages more then more animals. I sent the female out first because they where pretty quick with there e-mails, and I trusted them (wrong!).

She sent this when the boa arrived a few days before.
>From: Usmcproudkitten@aol.com
>To: secret_souls_reptiles@hotmail.com
>Subject: Re: Updates?
>Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:08:47 EDT
>
>Hello.
>I will have Brian check with his dad tomorrow on that. I am hoping he will
>have 2 done for us that way we can send you yours and Soulfire wanted one
>too... So I will get back to you tomorrow.
>
>
>Thanks again.
>
>Calpurnia is just a doll. We are really enjoying her.
>
>Kristin

I sent this: NOTICE THE DATES on EACH MESSAGE.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefanie Saltzman <secret_souls_reptiles@hotmail.com>
To: Usmcproudkitten@aol.com
Sent: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:33:21 -0400
Subject: hello?

I was wondering what's going on with the cage?

thanks,

Stefanie

Because I have been waiting for a quite a bit of time, but did give them the chance to build the cage. A month later...
Sent : Tuesday, August 2, 2005 3:26 PM
To : secret_souls_reptiles@hotmail.com
Subject : Re: hello?

Sorry it has been really hectic around here... We should be able to send them soon... just waiting on Brians dad to finish them. I will try to get more info. Our phones are down so I have to wait till I see them this weekend.. Sorry.. I didn't expect it to take this long. The only communication I have is while I am at school so I will try to email you back asap..

Kristin

I'm starting to think, I won't be getting my cage...
During this time over the next few months, I have been e-mailing her "where are you", or "I haven't heard from you, where is my cage? any updates?" Nothing....
Then I sent this message:
To: usmcproudkitten@aol.com
Sent: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:19:39 -0400
Subject: cages

Kristin,

I was wondering if your still good on your end. I have been waiting for more then three months since we have done this deal. I'm now in a hurry to have my cage because my one female is possibly gravid, and she's well over 9 feet. She's only going to get bigger, and my 4 foot cages won't hold her too long. Can you please at least give me an estimate on when I will be expecting my cage? If I can't seem to get in contact with you, then I may have to end up building my own cage for her. And I don't really have the time to do so! But if it comes to being an emergency, then I will take my time out of my busy time to make a cage for her. I'm a tad bit upset, but I understand that your busy. It would have been nice to have an update on what's going on.
I'm about to loose hope that I'm not going to get my cage

Please get back to me as soon as possible. My other half and I are now starting to get very upset over this. But I'm keeping a smile on my face because I know you are great people.

thanks much,

Stefanie Saltzman

She then replies to this message a few days later. Surprise, surprise...
Sent : Monday, September 26, 2005 5:11 PM
Subject : Re: cages

Steph,
I am sooooooooo sorry for the time.. I acctually just started school again, so this was the first time in a while I was able to get to email. anyway, Brain's dad is the one building it. Long story short I am still on his case, he decided to build a cottage this summer and acctually took off work. I am still trying to get him to finish it. I promise I will get it to you as soon as I can. I know this makes me look really bad. I hope this happens really soon also. Sorry again and I will try to get it to you ASAP... Congrats on the possibly gravid female.

Kristin

Over the next FEW months, I still sent messages..where are you, what's going on? Still nothing till I get this message.

Sent : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:25 AM
Subject : Hi

Wanted to let you know your cage is done.. I just need your address again. I think what we can do (although I have to check with Brian) is we can send it and then I think we will just pay for the shipping since it has taken soo long.

Kristin

I said:

To: usmcproudkitten@aim.com
Sent: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:32:34 -0500
Subject: RE: Hi

Sounds fair I can't wait. Let me know.
Thanks and I hope we can work something out.
Stefanie

She then sent this:

Sent : Thursday, December 1, 2005 6:44 AM
Subject : Re: Hi

Just send me your address again when you get the chance.

Kristin

Again, I haven't heard from her for a few months... I then sent this:
To: usmcproudkitten@aim.com
Sent: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 09:45:53 -0500
Subject: Where is my Cage?

Hey, I haven't heard from you in a while, and I haven't gotten any news on what's going with the cage? Last time I spoke to you was on what is my address. Then I didn't get any word on when your sending it.
Again, I will type down my address just in case you didn't get it.
Stefanie Saltzman
xxx XXXXXX xxxxx
XXXXXXX, XX. XXXXX

PLEASE get a hold of me. I'm rather worried.

Thanks Much,

Stefanie

Then I get this reply:
Sent : Thursday, February 9, 2006 10:32 AM
Subject : Re: Where is my Cage?

Sorry, I wrote down the address and I will see about getting it to you by the end of the month. We had both of our cars blow up (not literally but practically) in the same week so we just had to find some cheaper ones so we had vehicals.. needless to say we are waiting on some extra finances to come available (Brian's military money). As soon as it is sent I will call you or email you.

Kristin

Then I haven't heard from her since then. She did have a website, but it is down. I also posted in the Bureau of Missing Persons. Here is the tread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=72048

The phone number was shut down, but is back up, but it's someone elses phone number.
If anyone knows them or knows any info for me to get a hold of them, please send me an IM. I have sent them a message to Kristin on Thursday that I will be posting on the BOI if I didn't hear back from her in two days. It's sunday, I left a good amount of time for her to get a hold of me.
I also stated that I wanted the boa back or send me $100.00 for what the boa I paid for.
I'm also posting this thread to make other people be aware of what she has done.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
SSReptiles
I forgot, I have been very patient with them (noticed). I finally lost it, so I had to post this.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:39 AM   #3
burncycle
Its really sad how many untrustworthy people are out there.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #4
SSReptiles
I have e-mailed Kristin last night to let her know she and her husband are now on the BOI as a bad guy.

On another forum, someone has known them from a petshop. They said they will try to get a hold of them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!