about siklback and their husbandry - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 01:55 AM   #61
puppytoes72
i didnt re-hash anything.i simply answered someone's question about why we didnt trust vickie.can you answer my question now?

Old 07-07-2007, 02:02 AM   #62
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
Your little jabs are ineffectual and childish. If you think you can run some people away from this topic, you are SADLY mistaken. You do not corner the market on this subject nor do you get to decide who participates in it.
For you to say one person wasn't able to feed their dragons was low, very low and just shows your caliber.
We will stay and post our opinions for as long as humanely possible.

I bet as a child you didn't play fairly.
you are right sherri! dennis,you would rather defend someone that only gives a crap about the money and turn around an attack a girl for making a decision to rehome some beardies so she can take off time from work to take care of her son?? you are lower than low. screw you dennis

Old 07-07-2007, 02:02 AM   #63
whiskersmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

No, what I find hard to understand is that you and Michele have pressed so hard that they respond about this mutation that when they do the only question you could muster up after their responses is if Vicki was lying about how many silkies she received or rehashing the inbreeding question that has been answered on three threads now.Which brings us right back to why the other thread was closed.
That is where this was one is heading too.
Once again, the AV subject only came up when a fan of dachius was asking why there was discord between some people and the Dachius. The question was answered.

As for me asking that question, I'm sorry if I'm not as expert at inbreeding as you but I didn't understand how the two statements could correlate. Now I do. And I still stand on the principle that inbreeding is wrong and it just so happens that I have found a big, quite big breeder of reptiles that won't even buy from this country because he's afraid of the tiny little gene pool. Which we so happily keep making smaller.
So I'm not the only one.

Honestly, did you think Alessandro and Vickie could come here and talk about the silks like some people talk about underwear and no one would question the ethics of inbreeding? Get real. Of course we're going to bring up inbreeding...it took place.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:55 AM   #64
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppytoes72
you are right sherri! dennis,you would rather defend someone that only gives a crap about the money and turn around an attack a girl for making a decision to rehome some beardies so she can take off time from work to take care of her son?? you are lower than low. screw you dennis
That is where we differ. You look at it as defending Vicki. I don't. I'm not defending her but addressing this one issue. This is exactly what I was trying to point out about the weight of the arguments against this mutation are soured because you are more interested in attacking Vicki then addressing the mutations ability to thrive in captivity.

I look at each issue on a independent basis. I have good reputation for fairness and honesty. You can call me all the names you want. That's fine but it still stands that both of you took positions from ignorance since the start of all this that was very harsh. You made determinations before knowing any husbandry information and without any facts from the breeders.
One claiming animal abuse and the other disrespecting the site and its super moderators whom were enforcing the rules.

But hey, you both have insured that the information that could have been forthcoming here will be less informative than it could have been.
Why would anyone bother if the snide remarks keep coming.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:04 AM   #65
puppytoes72
snide comments dennis? you take the cake with this one- "someone that couldnt feed their dragon 6 months ago".do you have anything to say about that? how does that have anything to do with the issue at hand? you are pathetic.im off to bed.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:11 AM   #66
walker75
Honestly, did you think Alessandro and Vickie could come here and talk about the silks like some people talk about underwear and no one would question the ethics of inbreeding? Get real. Of course we're going to bring up inbreeding...it took place.

6 months ago I asked some real good questions of the Dachiu's!! They never answered nor tried to answer. The reason I asked was to give the Dachiu's and others a reason to say what the future holds. What is apparent is that they will kept secret anything they feel they can and must till the time is right then QHAM it hits the internet. How are people suppose to react??? Dachiu does amongst other breeders have a well publicise name.

I and others look towards them to lead and give answers to things that they do know about such as Andeo. I am sure they have had mass die offs and have purged them or tried to from there colony and they are not alone in this action..
People looks towards the so call major breeders as if all everything they do is correct and justified. It has been proven they are wrong,

Many good hearted and well intended people have been devastated by this Virus, at the same time many will not come forward on their own.

I really do wish the Dachiu's would participate in the research that Cali Dragons and Valley Dragons have taken up on their web sites .
If Dachiu would show the lead in trying to help us the reptile community to future our knowledge on the Adenovirus and also the Silkback Dragon I am sure many many more people would come forward. we would beable to get some answers

Old 07-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #67
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
So what you are saying is only breeders are allowed to have concerns whether this practice should be done? And who was it that couldn't feed their dragons six months ago? What does any of that have to do with this thread?

And by the way, buddy, all concerns are legitimate, no matter what your lord and highness thinks.
He was referring to me, ladies. Yes, after I had quit my job to care for my son and attempt to get him proper care...yet again...we hit some fairly large roadbumps. There was about 10 days I think (sorry but I didn't bother to write it down) that my dragons all went without bugs. They had nothing but salads. When that happened, I was already working on rehoming a good number of the dragons, and was still working on rehoming some more.

Yes, I probably should have started rehoming them sooner, but under the circumstances, I did the best I could.

Shortly thereafter, I got the job of my dreams, where I could work from home and homeschool my kids. Due to my son's disease, this has proven to be the best alternative for him. I wouldn't change the choice I made, except for the fact that I unknowingly sent out a bunch of probable AV positive animals in the process.

By the way, Dennis, if I'm not mistaken, again, I didn't write it down, but I do believe that was in late summer/early fall last year...not 6 months ago. Six months ago, I brought in well over $1,000 on my part time job...quite enough to feed my dragons.

You know, you say that you have a reputation for being fair and honest, and until you made that comment, Dennis, I would have agreed.

What you seem to forget, however, is that I have also never been anything but honest, even when faced with some really difficult questions. I'll tell you what, Dennis, the day you deal with what I've dealt with just in the past year, and you do it perfectly, in a way that EVERYONE would approve of, please let me know. Until then, I would appreciate it if you'd forgive me for not doing things exactly as everyone else seems to think I should be.

Give me a freaking break. I'm doing the best I can do.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:31 AM   #68
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker75

6 months ago I asked some real good questions of the Dachiu's!! They never answered nor tried to answer. The reason I asked was to give the Dachiu's and others a reason to say what the future holds. What is apparent is that they will kept secret anything they feel they can and must till the time is right then QHAM it hits the internet. How are people suppose to react??? Dachiu does amongst other breeders have a well publicise name.

I and others look towards them to lead and give answers to things that they do know about such as Andeo. I am sure they have had mass die offs and have purged them or tried to from there colony and they are not alone in this action..
People looks towards the so call major breeders as if all everything they do is correct and justified. It has been proven they are wrong,

Many good hearted and well intended people have been devastated by this Virus, at the same time many will not come forward on their own.

I really do wish the Dachiu's would participate in the research that Cali Dragons and Valley Dragons have taken up on their web sites .
If Dachiu would show the lead in trying to help us the reptile community to future our knowledge on the Adenovirus and also the Silkback Dragon I am sure many many more people would come forward. we would beable to get some answers
And I agree with you one hundred percent on the virus. I hold the same position as you. I can't disagree.

Quote:
And this is the point. Nowhere in all of the reptile industry is responsible line breeding a "question" to prove a morph. Every single ad in the snake forum. Every morph had to be proved to sell it as such.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:34 AM   #69
Dennis Hultman

Your wrong Tere. I would never state such a thing to you. How could you even think that I was speaking of you.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:40 AM   #70
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

Your wrong Tere. I would never state such a thing to you. How could you even think that I was speaking of you.
Because I'm not stupid, Dennis. There's nobody else on this thread that knowingly had financial problems last year...or six months ago, whatever.

It really doesn't matter anymore, Dennis. None of this even matters anymore. I'll just slink back to my dying dragons now. Thanks for the fun.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread