What herps have bitten you? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #11
hhmoore
I thought I had responded to this in The Bite Club, but that was apparently not the place. I'll take a look tomorrow, so I don't have to think too hard (my other response was not an fully inclusive list, btw)

Old 08-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #12
romad119
Forgot, a male diamond bit me before too.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:48 AM   #13
Otter_23
That got me thinking, I'm sure I forgot some
snapping turtle (stitches on the side and top of foot)
bearded dragon
crested gecko
garter snakes
bull snake
Brazilian rainbow boa
Cal king (just today)
corns
IJ carpet
ball python
sand boa
texas brown snake (I think he was trying to bite)

Old 09-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #14
reddog4063
I have been bitten and constricted twice by a Burmese python i owned for many years, once at 4' and once at 8 feet. Both due to "stupid feeding errors", and both while alone.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #15
kellysballs
Wow guys my list is relatively short and uneventful.
baby ball pythons
4ft albino burm
Black racer
pacman frog
stray cat
rottweiler
Pitbull

of those the only one that left scars is the rotty. And I can say All of those bites were my fault.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #16
Miss Tuniwha
Hrm.. Reptile wise, not too much has latched on to me...

A few Ball pythons.. rarely have they just bitten and released though.. so that sucks.

a young (luckily) savanna monitor.. that took some time to get to release.. YAY MOUTHWASH! ha ha ha ha

that is about it aside from young leopard geckos and bearded dragons.. but that doesn't count.. thats just CUTE!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #17
Stardust
A baby Brazillian boa once, it was so cute to see him acting so fierce just hanging there until he figured out he couldn't eat me and was serving no purpose. He let go on his own.

A graze from my tegu once upon waking. Slight scratches, no blood but man I felt it for hours and that was amazing to me as well and it did make me that much more aware how powerful and fast these creatures can be.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #18
edf01
So far, the only snake I been biten by is by far the scariest snake ever- a barely 24 inch king snake.

Pathetic, right? It gets worse- I am terrified of this snake now!

oh, i got bit by rats, does that count??

Old 09-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #19
jsrocket
I have been bitten by so many snakes, I lost count many years ago (including a northern pacific rattlesnake), but I would not trade them all for the hit Keith took.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:34 PM   #20
techgirl
I was bitten by my iguana many years ago when I had her. I was hand feeding her apples and looked away when I shouldn't. Got a heck of a pinch by a hermit crab few years ago. Snake-wise I have been lucky. I do have a female Hogg Island that wants to earn a spot though. She is the devil. The only time I open her rack box is when my daughter is sleeping or at the in-laws to avoid her getting tagged in the attempt to get me. My daughter is just starting to understand why I don't let her near the snakes when I clean or feed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!