Interesting but unethical Hybrid attempt. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about this?
Stupid, pointless, why bother mixing these 2 beautiful species? 47 38.52%
I love it, very awesome idea. 9 7.38%
Interesting at the least, but doubtfully possible. 17 13.93%
If nothing else, Id like to see results. 49 40.16%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #1
Southwick Herps
Interesting but unethical Hybrid attempt.

What do you all think about the prospects of this hybridization.?
I personally dont like it, I love Ball Pythons and Burms seperately but am against hybrids of such unrelated species. Evolution carried them apart for a reason...
But I think they have a key factor working against them.. Mechanical isolation which is just having sex organs that are incompatible. Also, in the event their babies pass the Postzygotic barriers I think they embryos will suffer from Hybrid Inavailability which is the parents are non compatible on a microcell level, down to the genetic material. In the event a baby is produce it will suffer from Hybrid Sterility and/or Hybrid Breakdown which states that only the first generation hybrids are capable of reproduction, thereafter the offspring are sterile.
Incase you couldn't tell Im a firm believer in the Theory of Evolution, and I also thoroughly enjoy studying it...
http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=944478,946272 this is where it was found.
Attached Images