Posting Competing Forums is Prohibited - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
Exclamation Posting Competing Forums is Prohibited

Please read this thread for details!

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
Walk of Life
Have any sites actually been banned?

I see a number of forum-based sites listed in this section alone.
Or is it just that these sites can no longer advertise here.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
If you read the thread, it was posted within the last two weeks. So, as of that date, it is prohibited. I don't think Rich expects me (or anyone) to go through the forum and delete all of the competing forum postings since this web site was created.

It's also not a "banning," it's a consideration/respect issue for Rich and Fauna to not advertise competing forums.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
Walk of Life
Thank you, banning was a poor word choice on my part.
It just seemed kind of strange to read this post and see others on the same page that essentially violate the new rule.

Thank you for the clarification.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
ruraldean
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Well, during the mind numbing labor of setting up baby snakes and feeding the suckers, I've been thinking this over. And I agree. Why worry about competing sites? If people believe this site is a "has been" and want to go elsewhere, then I certainly couldn't stop that by blocking their advertising solely on this site. If people want to follow the siren's call of their own self interests to set up a competing BOI-style forum, and in the process destroy this one, then that will be on their head, not mine.

So as of now, I am rescinding the restriction on advertising by similar or competing websites. The only caveat to this is if I have a PERSONAL reason to dislike someone or their website, then their advertising will not be accepted. In other words, don't believe that you can crap in my living room and assume I am going to be OK with your putting a sign on my front door pointing to your living room.
I don't know whether this helps clarify things?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
This thread was last posted in 7 months ago and no longer stickied when Rich decided he was going to allow competing forums. Not too sure why you brought it back to the top?

Old 09-19-2008, 12:42 AM   #7
WebSlave
Since this restriction has been rescinded, I don't see any reason to keep this thread open.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread