new website - suggestions needed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
TexasVipRoom
new website - suggestions needed

I have revamped my website and want to get some feedback. It is always helpful to have other outlooks. I know there is text missing as well as pictures etc. I am just wanting some suggestions on the layout in general. Thank you for looking in advanced. I hope you like it.

http://www.texasviproomreptiles.com/

Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
Dbz4246
I like the site, but do you build cages? Or is it just for "this is what I have, use it or not"
And that portion also seems to be in German... I think...

Old 02-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
TexasVipRoom
Thank you for your input! I used to build cages and sold a bunch for a long time. Now I just build for myself and I found a lot of pictures of other builds so I decided to post them all there. I haven't finished the context yet and it is in Latin. I am hoping to be doing the finish out on that as well. I am glad you liked it. Was it easy to navigate? That is most important to me.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVipRoom View Post
it is in Latin. I am hoping to be doing the finish out on that as well. I am glad you liked it. Was it easy to navigate? That is most important to me.
Ah Latin, yes I was close with my guess of German
But either way, yes, your site was very user friendly! I really liked how you separated your python species instead of just jumbling them together. The shipping quote option is very obvious, and the site overall seems to be very good. All your contact info is easily seen on every page so I give your site two

Old 02-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
TexasVipRoom
Yes you were close. Thank you for the feedback. I hope to have the rest up very soon! Thanks again!!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
Dbz4246
No problem, make sure to update this post when your done with the site, would love to see the final product!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
TexasVipRoom
Will do thanks again!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
Mister Internet
Ahhhhh Darkroom lol.

If your main concern is navigability, I would increase the font size of the menu to something larger... right now, it's dwarfed by even the email/phone text and doesn't really draw the user's eye.

I guess one of the main questions I'd have is: do you want to be perceived as a business, or as a hobbyist who sells a few things?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
TexasVipRoom
My main concern is to be able to navigate. Most websites you get lost in them and it drives users away. I am hobbyist at th moment but you never know where it could go. I'd like to be able to grow as well. Thank you for your input on the navigation it is very helpful ill keep that in mind when I site back down to do the finish out.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
Dbz4246
Personally I like the dark...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!