Rescued Dog May Be Put Down-Needs our help!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
SamanthaJane13
Unhappy Rescued Dog May Be Put Down-Needs our help!!

By Lou Chilelli
November 30, 2010

TOWN OF EVANS, N.Y. (WKBW) -- Firefighters from the Town of Evans were called out to perform a rescue. It wasn't for a person. It was for man's best friend. "We had approximately a quarter to a half a mile walk to get the animal off the beach. It was laying on the rocks at the base of the cliff." said Chief Nick Mecca from the North Evans Fire Department.

The dog had fallen approximately 80 feet from the top of a cliff over looking Lake Erie. About a dozen rescuers made their way down to the beach. They then immobilized the dog and carried him almost half a mile back to a road. Firefighters say that this type of thing happens every few years.

Victoria Thuman and her husband Edward own the dog. "That's awesome. I just can't believe that so many people could care so much about a dog," she said. They live about a mile from where he went over. The dog was last scene searching around their house...looking for a toy.

"Very cooperative. He is injured and sometimes animals get nasty when they are injured. He was a very cooperative patient." Chief Mecca said of the dog.

Victoria Thuman said they drove all around their neighborhood looking for their dog. "His name is Lucifer. He is so playful. I've got three kids at home. I've got a three year old, a two year old, a new born. He's great with kids. He is just great with anybody that comes to the house. He doesn't try to bite anybody. He just likes to play all the time and run around," she said.

Lucifer was transported to a local emergency veterinary hospital. The full extent of his injuries is not yet know. His owners are not sure they will be able to pay for what may be extensive medical bills. They may have to decided that Lucifer will be euthanized.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Rescu...111094849.html

A fund has been set up for Lucifer to have the treatment necessary to save his life!

Please-if you have a spare dollar or two, donate to this fund!! Every little bit helps!!

http://www.giveforward.com/luciferslifeline

Old 12-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
SamanthaJane13
Lucifer's Lifeline

The funds will be used to pay for the medical bills to help fix the dog, and whatever is left over will be donated to the fire departments.

Lucifer is a 2 year old white German Shepherd.

He got loose from our house in the Evans area and fell off of an 80 foot cliff overlooking Lake Erie.

We are doing everything we can to try and come up with the cost for the medical procedures that need to be done but they are close to 6000 dollars if he is stable by Friday, December 3rd.

He has a broken elbow and will need surgery to fix it, but before they can do surgery he has to become stable, right now he has bruised lungs from the impact, and they are draining air from his chest cavity, until his lungs are healed he will be in the intensive care unit at the animal hospital, and once they are, he will be alright for surgery.

Lucifer is our family pet, I have two children at home that think the world of him and one who he protects day and night because he is an infant.

Without help, we may not be able to proceed with surgery, and Lucifer may not be able to be his goofy fun-loving self that he was before his injury.

I donated $5 in my dogs' names...Timmy & Snowy Dawn. It's all I can afford on a fixed income during the holiday season, but it's a start!

Old 12-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
SamanthaJane13
I may call the vet clinic to ask about Lucifer's condition on Monday.

So far, the donations to Lucifer's LifeLine at http://www.giveforward.com/luciferslifeline are $355.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Wolfy-hound
If the surgery to repair the elbow is too expensive, they could amputate the leg, which is much less expensive. The vet where I work(next door) recently amputated the front leg on a little siamese kitten who broke it's elbow and the owners couldn't afford the treatment.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
SamanthaJane13
Exclamation

So far on Lucifer's LifeLine-

FUNDRAISER PROGRESS
7%

GOAL: $6,000
Raised: $405.00

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!