Wanted Adult iguana for free/adoption - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Old 04-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
gcalvosandordvm
Adult iguana for free/adoption

Greetings!

I am in search of an adult iguana in the middle Tennessee area.

I recently lost my 18 year old female to a tragic cancerous mass in her abdomen. I rescued her back in the summer of last year as her former owner went into assisted living and actually passed shortly after. I am a veterinarian and she was dropped off at my clinic by the owner's daughter. She was such a sweet girl and enjoyed her time with us. Cancer just sucks. I did a full workup including X-rays, bloodwork, ultrasound-guided tapping of her abdomen to relieve fluid buildup from the mass, culture of the fluid (came back negative), and was able to surgically remove the mass with the help of another fellow veterinarian. Recovery was just too much on her. I sat with her for 4 hours and she tanked in the last 30 minutes despite our best efforts with emergency IV drugs/fluids. We sent the mass off to be identified, but still waiting on the results.

I do not need anything- I have setup, lighting, humidifier, etc. I would just like to continue to adopt older iguanas as a pay it forward. DD would have liked that. I am not interested in buying, as my money goes towards my animals' husbandry and care. I also cannot travel far, as my job requires me to stick around in TN area due to work load.

My enclosure is not the biggest- DD was missing most of her tail. The enclosure is 6 feet long, 3 feet wide, and 6 feet tall. Made of wood and acrylic with a mesh top. I have mega ray UVB bulbs and other basking lamps. I only give fresh fruits/vegetables- no pellets. I have a guest bathroom where I would let DD soak and swim in the tub daily, and she got supervised time outside on our back deck when the weather was warm.

Thank you for reading. And hope I can help an iguana out.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-23-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Bectile
I'd been looking for the same thing too, until I decided I wasn't ready to do it again. Maybe some day! Have you seen this guy? His name is Leonidas, he looks sweet and he is only a 7 hour drive away from you.

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/35968186

I admire what you're doing and I hope you find what you're looking for!

Rebecca

Old 04-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
gcalvosandordvm
Hi Rebecca,

Actually, yes. I sent them an email. However, the rescue that has him requires an interview and a walk through of the house prior to adopting...as I am 8 hours from them I don't think it will happen ��
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #4
Bectile
Oh, darn... sorry! Sometimes those rescues can be so frustrating!

Good luck!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
adoption, iguana