Snakeskin Pedicure? WTF - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
Abby
That is pretty cool ridiculous if someone would pay $300 though! If I would've known it was worth that I would've saved all my skins & started a business

Old 05-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
MistyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
haha nice going Misty! How'd you do it? just trim the skin and stick it to a base coat and then apply a top coat? I've been debating giving it a shot myself just to see if I can do it
I just did my usual base coat, coat of the nail color I wanted and while it was still somewhat wet I stuck the pre-cut/shaped piece of skin to the nail, then did a topcoat over it.

I'm going to try it again soon and this time instead of applying the skin to the color polish, I'm going to let the color dry and then put on a coat of CND "Stickey" base, then put the skin on, then a top coat, and see if that holds the skin on better as it peeled off really quickly.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #13
smb2585
Post pictures next time you do it. I'd love to see how it turns out. The pic you showed looks nice as it was. Too bad it didnt stick too well

Old 06-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #14
bloodpython_MA
Anyone else tried this? I wanna see pics!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #15
Katie.Shinkle
I'm thinking that when I get into ball pythons, I need to sell their shed skin to nail shops...lol!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
smb2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie.Shinkle View Post
I'm thinking that when I get into ball pythons, I need to sell their shed skin to nail shops...lol!
i have plenty right now..

Old 07-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #17
Katie.Shinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by smb2585 View Post
i have plenty right now..
Who would have thought there was going to be a market for shed snake skin lol

Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #18
LotsOballs
OOoooo! My husband showed me some links bout this a couple weeks ago. I tried it on my daughter using several different colors for the base. I did a post on my blog about it. I been meaning to try it again with like a silver or metal grey. I had alot of fun doing it but apparently my daughter hated it, she had it off by the end of the day. I could never imagine paying what some people are to get it done though.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:00 AM   #19
Elizabeth Minton
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyC View Post
Saw that, and tried it myself for a hell of a lot cheaper than $300.

Looked way more awesome in person, this was a crappy picture snapped before I ran out to a reptile show.

Lasted a whole....day. Next time I'm trying something a little different and using a different top coat, I think it will come out much better.

Took me about an hour and a half to complete.

Wow us snake owners have a crud load of shedded snake skin.... why go out and pay $300 for a full mani or pedi when we can have a friend do it or do it ourselves since it sounds simple.... seriously chop shops are getting that desperate?

Old 07-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #20
Elizabeth Minton
Oh BTW MistyC.... your nails look awsome no matter if you think the pic is crappy... forgot to add that in my last post before i pushed submit. thats why i quoted the pic

nice job!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!