Cages for Ball Pythons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-30-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
tazmanbill
Cages for Ball Pythons

My question is about cages for ball pythons not racks. What would be a good cage if I was going to set up three in my living room I don't want to use tanks. I was thinking about using 321D Boaphile 35.5 Long 24 deep 11.5 tall.

I'm not sure I like what they push as a thermostat. I'm open to all suggestions.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:06 PM   #2
bcr229
Those would provide plenty of space for a ball python. My only suggestion since I have T8's which are 4'x2'x1' is that if you can find something 15" high instead of 12" high, to go with that. With a 12" high enclosure it can sometimes be difficult to clean in the far back corners, and that extra bit of height can make it easier to reach.

I really like the Herpstat thermostats.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
snowgyre
Melinda has some great advice above. I don't use tanks for my ball pythons so I can't give you much input there, but I second the Herpstat recommendation. When I first started out I used VE thermostats exclusively, and over time became dissatisfied with them. The LED screens started flaking out, displaying all sorts of weird characters, and I couldn't trust them to hold temperature after that so I retired them. This happened to all 3 of the VEs I bought (2 VE100s and 1 VE200).

The only issue I've run into so far with Herpstats is that you can't stack them like you can the VEs. There's some sort of electrical interference that happens, and it whacks out the thermostat. Side by side with 2-3" separating them is fine. The menu can be a bit annoying to go through, but once set up they're pretty bombproof. I have two Herpstat 1s, and one Herpstat 2.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
tazmanbill
When I was breeding I used racks I'm no longer breeding now. I sold the racks. For now I'm using 40 breeder tanks. To much going on health wise so I just want to have a few as pets. At first I was just going to have a Blue Eye Lucy and A High Wight Pied. But I got a Pin Stripe in trade for some feeders. So that makes three.

As a thermostat I have always just used the Zoo Med Repti Temp 500 R I'm sure I wont get a thumbs up on that but it worked. I just just a temp gun to be sure I was good on my temp.

With only going to have three cages I would like to use some thing that could handle all three.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:46 PM   #5
Randall Turner
If I was setting up 3 enclosures in the living room, where I wanted to be able to enjoy watching the animals I would look at vision model 332 enclosures and install radiant heat panels, as well as belly heat since my living room tends to get much cooler then the room I keep reptiles in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!