Forum Sponsor - Snakegetters (Tanith Tyrr) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-29-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
snakegetters
Welcome to the Venomous Forum!

Welcome to Fauna Classified's venomous forum. If you have a question about venomous snakes, please post it here and I'll do my best to answer it. Or I might point you to a place where you can find a good answer, because there are some topics that other people are a lot better qualified to deal with. I just catch the snakes and clean up after them, and collect venom for the educated folks who do all the real work. The special veterinary needs of venomous snakes is something I'm very interested in, along with humane handling and restraint techniques that are safe and comfortable for the animals.

You can find a lot of helpful information on these subjects on my web page, http://www.snakegetters.com. Please check there for suggestions on safe restraint techniques and veterinary care before posting your questions here - there might already be an answer on the web page. But if you can't find what you're looking for there, please feel free to chime in over here. Or just say hello and introduce yourself, or share some of your own knowledge and experience. We're all here to learn from each other, so please pitch in and share what you've got.

Safety is important. Don't get bitten. Handling venomous snakes is dangerous and can result in your being maimed or killed (not to mention deep embarrassment and huge hospital bills). I am not encouraging anyone to keep or handle venomous snakes. But if you've already made that choice for yourself, I do encourage you to keep safety a top priority. So drop on in and say hello - it's nice to meet you, and welcome to the forum.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:42 PM   #2
COBRAMAN
Good Job, Tanneth!!!

Very nice to see this added to the forums. I was wondering when you would start such a forum. I know this will be an asset to the hots community.
Blessings
Ray Hunter

Old 05-12-2004, 11:50 PM   #3
COBRAMAN
Oh dear God!!! Tanith, I just realized that I have been spelling your name incorrectly for over 2 years now. SORRY!!!!

Old 09-28-2004, 09:35 PM   #4
Montychristo
How to handle Florida "hots"

How do I go about meeting someone who can give me hands on experience in handling Florida's poisonous snakes? I want to watch and learn - I am not sure I actually want to do it.

Chris

Old 09-29-2004, 01:49 AM   #5
COBRAMAN
Where are you in Florida? If in or around Port St. Lucie, or West Palm Beach, I may be able to help. Feel free to call me at 772-215-7625

Old 10-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #6
dawnsearlylit13
Hi Tanith! So how are things going in Florida? Are you doing any talks or lectures any time soon? I loved your lecture at the Orlando show and can't wait to see you again! Are you going to the Greenville show?
My Gaboon is doing great! All the information you supplied me with was PERFECT! He is doing fantastic! Snakegetters.com is the best!
Thank you,
Sincerely,
Dawn

Old 11-04-2004, 01:51 AM   #7
snakegetters
Hi Dawn. Periodically I do classes and lectures, but I'm not a big self promoter so it basically happens when somebody bugs me enough and drags me over to an event. LOL Mostly I teach police officers and other public safety officers how to deal with Florida's venomous snakes in a safe and humane manner, and I do classes for veterinarians at their conferences on safe restraint.

Not sure if this is the best thread to get responses on, since it's just supposed to be the general introduction to the forum. It would be best to start a new thread if you have a general topic for discussion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!