Storm Story - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Storm Story

Well, El Paso, TX aint exactly known for it's rain, but this last storm(s) may change that. On Tues we got slammed with about 6 hours non stop rain fall. May not sound like much, the official count being around 3 inches. BUT, the UNofficial gauges around town have caught 6.7 inches on My side of the mountain, and 8.2 inches on the other side of the mountain. Anyone who lives in the desert knows what this means. FLASH FLOODS everywhere!!

I live in the Rio Grande Valley. Yeah, the low lying area. LOL We are flooded out like you wouldn't believe. The irrigation ditches are full, the Rio is full, the drainage canals and ponds are full. We got new arroyos, missing streets, had flood waters break right through houses built on the hill, and creating a path from the back of their house, and on out the front door, or plate window with their belongings, even a fridge got washed out of one persons house. Interstate 10 down town got flooded too. I mean 3 feet of water on the Interstate.

This is just unreal crap. Never been in a flash flood of this intensity before. Sorta spooky.

BUT, there are upsides to it. That would be the villiage idiots coming out to show how bright they really are. A new Blockbuster video gettin washed away, etc. Here are some pics from our local news channel...........
First some damage, than some villiage idiots.........
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
One who was instructed to NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!!
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2006, 07:26 AM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
Some who chose to go around a police baracade and tackle a steep grade head on.........DUH
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
Some more to show the depth of the water..............

Anyway, it's exciting to me, so thought I'd share. Good thing I know how to swim. LOL

Rick
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2006, 07:30 AM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
BTW, the rain came back at 2 o'clock this morning, and the flooding started in about 20 minutes this time. Ground is just too wet to soak it up. Looks like another day of anrchy out here. You see all the rocks in the pictures? They came off the mountain a couple miles from these pictures.

Rick

Old 08-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
Junkyard
Rick, that must be a great amount of fun. It is amazing how retarded, sorry, I mean lightminded people are when it comes to floods. It is not like a standing pond, one foot of water has enough force to wipe out a house, what is it that goes through peoples minds to make them think they can walk (or drive) through a moving body of water?

When the riverbeds near us are full, their is always someone (usually plastered) willing to jump in and try to swim across to prove to his buddies he can do it. I have even seen video of a kid who took out his boogie board and was able to keep up for about 30 minutes, but when he wiped out, no one ever saw him again.

Things that make you say "Hmm".

Old 08-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Yeah, we got some real smart people in the world. There are plenty here to keep me intertained. I could carry a video camera and get me some video for the TV shows and make some extra cash! I swear, it wouldn't be that hard around here. LOL Just wait for a little rain.

Now I get to re-survey around four unfinished subdivisions due to this. The boss gets paid twice for the same work. TXDOT and City Engineering are laying blame on each other. It's comical. But the missing roads make it hard to get to the jobs. So those will be the first jobs. LOL

Rick

Old 08-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
ZX11
I know alot of folks don't care for that kind of weather, buy I enjoy it.

Those are some great shots of what is happening your way. If you get anymore, please post them.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:50 AM   #9
INSANE CANES
Wow...

Thanks for sharing the pics....

Old 08-05-2006, 12:18 PM   #10
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
TXDOT and City Engineering are laying blame on each other. It's comical.

Rick
That is no surprise, I cannot remember the last time the city officials were willing to take the blame.

Hey I know, lets blame all those SUV owners for this global warming that is causing this change in the weather. Too bad it is now a global warming, it was only twenty years ago we were on the fringe of a global freezing.

Oh wait, it is the car manufacturers fault. If they did not build so many SUVs over the last 20 years then this never would have happened, we need to find a perfect balance between SUVs and three piston electric cars, then there will not be a freezing or warming of our globe. We can finally be happy with perfect weather all around the earth.

I deserve a Nobel Prize for finding the solution to this global distruction of our planet!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!