East African Gaboon Viper - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-19-2015, 03:40 AM   #51
NocturnalNature
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54bogger View Post
HA,HA,HA!!! I'm the crazy one? Your the one that believe's that I actually read to my snakes!!! I did that video as a 'goof' because people always ask why doesn't she bite you! Now I know your mindset, and if anyone thinks Sweetpea is a venomoid or is anything but a regular functioning rattler I invite you to come and see for your self. I don't mean that in a bad way just that I'll give her a rat and you can see for yourselves.

Whether you like me or not, Merry Christmas to everyone.
Barry,
Merry Christmas to you my good man!
I didn't say you were crazy. I said I believe your mindset is dangerously delusional, as in you have convinced yourself that the animals somehow have a special bond with you. It has nothing to do with "like" or "dislike". I've said it before, I believe you care greatly for your animals, I believe they get quality care, and I think you mean well. Unlike the other individual I personally hope you NEVER experience another bite and your luck holds. Despite STRONGLY disagreeing with your public approach I would never wish you or your animals harm.
Unfortunately if your attempt at sarcasm went over my head, and I am a grown man with what I'd like to think is a decent education, imagine how it can be interpreted by a youngster who watches it. How would you feel if a young person saw that and got bit trying to emulate what he/she saw or heard from the video? We've all said this before, your personal safety is your business, however it becomes a danger to others who are impressionable when they see these actions and believe the risks far outweigh any sort of benefit that is received from such actions. Not to mention the negative publicity that would be inevitably befall our beloved hobby should the media get hold of such an incident.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #52
54bogger
Thank you for your post, I'm not trying to be a 'jerk' to anyone and I've NEVER EVER recommended ANYONE free handle venomous snakes. But there are all kinds of 'dangerous' things people do in this world that are legal such as sky diving (not me lol) drag racing (one of my best friends died labor day weekend this year legally racing on a track) bungee jumping (nope not me) etc, etc.
We don't condemn these things because someone may or may not become injured or die. I doubt either of us will change our mind but can't we agree to disagree?

Old 12-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #53
TOsage
I can agree to disagree. As I said, nothing personal Barry. You may not believe it but my intent in posting my opinion was to assure any young or inexperience person who came along this thread would be able to read both sides before attempting to handle hots. I cherish my venomous collection so much that I would not risk a bite and the potential of having family and friends on me to get rid of them. I understand risking your life but I don't want to risk my hobby. There is no need to free handle venomous snakes, it's no more enjoyable than any other snake, pretty much the same although all species and individuals have their own quirks. There is never a good reason to have any part of your body within the striking distance of a venomous snake. Any time a venomous snake has an opportunity to bite it's because the handler is taking an unnecessary risk and intentionally putting his/her life in danger. We can argue all day whether that decision is stupid or not, it depends on your personal priorities and how much value you give your life/well-being. But I doubt anyone could make a convincing argument as to why someone should free handle venomous snakes. So Barry, what is the point of this thread? Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just curious.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:23 AM   #55
54bogger
The point of this thread is just simply show my snakes to others just like on many other threads on here. It still amazes me that no one is this concerned about all the violence on T.V and in kid's video games.
Apparently a man and his snakes on a snake forum is deemed more dangerous to the youth of America than violence or drugs.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #56
Lucille
Quote:
The point of this thread is just simply show my snakes to others just like on many other threads on here. It still amazes me that no one is this concerned about all the violence on T.V and in kid's video games.
Apparently a man and his snakes on a snake forum is deemed more dangerous to the youth of America than violence or drugs.
There is plenty of concern for those subjects, and it is a straw man argument anyway, no one is going to run after it.. I bet your cute little straw post came from a list of 'answers to give' on a venomous handling site.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #57
54bogger
Boy, your like a dog with a bone huh?

Old 12-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #58
54bogger
This pic is for you Lucy, Merry Christmas!

Old 12-20-2015, 01:36 PM   #59
Lucille
Quote:
Boy, your like a dog with a bone huh?
I guess you are out of intelligent answers (there are none, on your topic of posting free handling venomous, IMHO) and your B list straw men arguments fell flat. Not much left.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #60
54bogger
Your right, only thing left is to keep posting more pics. lol
Enjoy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!