Info Mantisplace.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
Hibiscusmile
You guys who have dealt with me are great, thanks for the feedback!

Old 03-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #12
bsharrah
As has been stated many times on the BOI, a seller can have countless positive transactions, but it is how they handle that one bad transaction that matters.

Although the damage to the shipping box does fall on the carrier, I think it is very unprofessional for any seller to tell the buyer it is between the buyer and the carrier, or just chalk it up to the carriers fault and feel it is not their problem. For me, in every case where a package was damaged, the seller made it right, no questions asked. If there was an insurance issue to deal with, the seller handled it with the carrier, especially since a claim can not be initiated by the receiver.

If a seller ever told me I had to take it up with the carrier, or felt no obligation to make it right because "it was the carrier's fault", it would be the last time I ever dealt with that seller. IMO, until the product arrives safely at my doorstep, the seller is ultimately responsible. Whether I am selling live animals or supplies, that is how I operate and I expect no less in return from others.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #13
Focal
Why can't the lid be secured with tape to prevent it from opening so easily?

Why wasn't the seller notified of the change from gold to black? I understand you wanted her to have something, but you should have an email or phone number to at least let them know while they are in transit so it doesn't look like you pulled a fast one?

What kind of box was used? Do you use any type of filler or support for the walls to prevent crushing? You can't blame shipping damage on the carrier if you did not take preventative measures to prevent obvious damage that takes place.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Reptilecam
If you got your money back why are you complaining. If it was the carriers fault how did you expect the seller to take the mishandled material to the carrier?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
oli7a5
I've ordered from Rebecca at Mantisplace numerous times and have not had any issues. It is clearly stated in the terms that packages are only insured when express delivery is chosen. This doesn't apply to priority. Those are the terms, take it or leave it I guess. Golden or regular black hydei? The golden can be a bit smaller, but same thing. These aren't designer fruit flies morphs like a killer bee ball python, or tangerine tornado leopard gecko, they are feeders plain and simple. Rebecca, I would also love to know your recipe for your cultures, they indeed look incredibly productive I've messed around with a lot of powdered prepared mediums, and some are great, but I think the natural approach results in healthier feeders, and as we can see by the pictures the one's you produced are infiltrated with maggots. I make cultures to feed off the maggots a lot of the time and your mixture info would be appreciated!

Old 03-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
Killer Chams
When I got my orders from Rebecca all the cups lids were taped shut with clear packing tape. If a box is damaged or crushed the cups can be crushed also. So taping the lids isnt going to prevent the flies or maggots from escaping. Its a way of keeping the lids on the cups during transit.

And the OP did get a full refund. I call that handling the matter in an apropriate manner. And judging from the Op thread she sounded combative from jumpstreet.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
Hibiscusmile
Post removed - inappropriate advertising
hhmoore

Old 03-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
Hibiscusmile
I need to edit it, forgot to tell when to put in vinegar, how do I edit it?

Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #19
hhmoore
Warning: The BOI is not the place for members to communicate about off topic subjects. Please take personal correspondence to PM, or address the recipe in an appropriate discussion forum

Old 03-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #20
Hibiscusmile
Sorry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!