Bad Guy Crappy Shipping Practices-Kevin Olbrych owner Suncoast Reptiles - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:17 PM   #61
imabirdmom
Still hoping Kevin might come explain what the Hell he was thinking shipping like this instead of just calling me a liar and telling me I've been harassing him for weeks.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:58 PM   #62
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by imabirdmom View Post
Still hoping Kevin might come explain what the Hell he was thinking shipping like this instead of just calling me a liar and telling me I've been harassing him for weeks.
I would not hold my breath waiting for it.

Suncoast is a wholesaler ... they have no concern for anything other than the bottom dollar.

The packaging was inappropriate.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:44 AM   #63
neilg
too bad Kevin chose to 'deny everything' instead of just apologize, explain he ran out of insulated and/or fedex boxes and refund a reasonable portion of the sale for shipping shortcomings.

it's about time customers always include in their purchase agreement/notes etc that shipping must be in carrier-approved packaging specific to that animal(s); and be poised initiate chargebacks if seller uncooperative in compensating for packaging that did not reasonably take the animal's health & welfare into consideration.

greedy sellers just looking for maximum profit minus expenses need to at least offer customer the option to purchase carrier-approved shipping containers if the seller is offering 'free' or 'included' shipping that isn't carrier-approved for the animal(s) shipped.

afterall, big bro (FC community) is watchin!

Old 05-31-2015, 07:00 PM   #64
imabirdmom
I agree Neil. As you can see I did ask but let myself be dazzled by the fact he was a reptile distributor and missed him actually acknowledging or answering my question. I encourage others to speak out. This wasn't a one time occurrence at all. I also encourage others to review his business on yelp. Monday I'm contacting animal control in Tampa regarding his cruel/unsafe shipping as well as Fish and Wildlife. Not sure if any of them care but my only goal here is making sure he thinks twice before EVER doing this again to any animal in his care.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:32 AM   #65
imabirdmom
Here you go Kevin THIS is what appropriate shipping looks like!

Got 3 leopard geckos delivered today. THIS is what RESPONSIBLE, humane, safe APPROPRIATE shipping looks like. Please note these are from 2 DIFFERENT breeders but notice how they look like one person packed them. You are welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKAn8xjYaZI

Old 06-04-2015, 10:10 AM   #66
Lolomcg61
Hey guys, some of the shipping I've seen on here really sucks. I'd just like to say I ordered a baby reeves turtle from Kevin and it was delivered this morning. I'll admit the cardboard box (flipped inside out) was off putting at first, but when I opened it there was plenty of newspaper surrounding a plastic container with the turtle and damp paper towel. Overall I was pleased with my shipment but am very sorry for all who had bad experiences and best of luck.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #67
imabirdmom
Your's got a plastic container?? Wow they got the VIP treatment. Still dumpster diving for boxes and not adding insulation? I'll let FedEx know. Reinforcement is required for boxing by FedEx.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #68
cinderbird
To everyone who received badly/poorly packaged animals who don't seem to see an issue because "my animals got here ok."

The reason we use double boxes is for the crush weight and to keep the temperatures stable. A single little cardboard priority box, even with a flimsy inner cardboard box will NOT stand up to the stresses of shipping.

The people that had animals arrive alive were lucky, nothing else. Animals have already died. With all the information out there regarding shipping live harmless reptiles, this method of shipping is inexcusable.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:03 AM   #69
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderbird View Post
everyone who received badly/poorly packaged animals ,don't seem to see an issue because...
https://youtu.be/8suVjclu8Zo

Old 06-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #70
hypocamaro
@ snakequenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I would not hold my breath waiting for it.

Suncoast is a wholesaler ... they have no concern for anything other than the bottom dollar.

The packaging was inappropriate.
Do you only sell animals that you produce? I know for a fact you do not. I have purchased a red tail boa from you at a show and you told me that you did not produce it and you purchased them for resale. So that makes you a wholesaler, in your words, by your definition, you being they "have no concern for anything other than the bottom dollar." <--- your words

Saying things like this discredits the BOI. Do all wholesalers only care about money? Are all wholesalers bad? If so then you are also bad, or, are you perhaps the exception.

Furthermore,
You are bold to talk so bluntly about someone whom you will probably see at Reptile shows. Just my .02

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!