Bad Guy DON'T SHOP AT HURRICANE EXOTICS! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:50 PM   #11
JustinBeardedDragz
The one I bought is in the picture the juvenile dunner 9.5 inches

It's not that hard to figure out .

And if you knew how to read you would see that I put it in the tub and bought a whole new setup for the quarantine

That's all I have to say to you lucielle

Don't try and pick my experience apart like I'm lying

I'M INFORMING THE BUYERS OUT THERE

DON'T PURCHASE FROM HURRICANE EXOTICS

Old 11-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #12
Kristi23
So you had a separate cage, but put him in with existing animals anyways? Bearded dragons grow fast. I know mine outgrew his first tank quickly. I knew it was best to have a larger tank ready.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:55 PM   #13
JustinBeardedDragz
FOR CLARIFICATION I PUT THEM ON THE FLOOR TOGETHER TO MEET I DID NOT PUT IT IN THERE WITH THE REST OF MY LIZARDS

AND MY EXPERIENCE JUVENILES USUALLY 99 PERCENT GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER

HERE'S A PIC OF 4 JUVYS ALL FROM DIFFERENT PLACES BEST OF FRIENDS
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #14
reptileexperts
I think the point others are trying to make here is that new animals need to be brought into a collection with care and caution. Zoonotic diseases can be passed quite easily and entire collections can be compromised as a result. Anytime you order or plan to buy a new reptile, it is wise to have a separate enclosure in a separate area already ready to go. If you had your established collection coexisting - that is up to you, disagreeable with many people - but up to you. Adding an animal that is a fair size larger, who is entering into their territory to contest it will have a negative result no matter the outcome.

I am sorry for the loss, and proper sizing should be given when listing animals. This is why the exact ad you purchased from is being requested to ensure it agrees with your accusations. No one is twisting words of the matter, simply trying to help see the entire picture, as well as help you see that the seller is not to blame for the ultimate demise.

Did you contact the seller to let them know about this thread?

Old 11-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #15
Dennis Hultman
This is what you posted a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBeardedDragz View Post

I'm looking for someone that I can talk with about my bearded dragon . Im looking into breeding and everything that is beardies . Even someone to get some more beautiful babies from too.

Message me back guys and guys im a newcomer so I need a pal!
Well I got a 4 week beardie
A 3 month beardie
And a 4-5 month beardie
Alllllll female so I need to get some males
But as for the care goes what would be best .
I have 2 tanks , 20g. And 50g.
Should I house all of them together or keep the little ones seperate.
I'm feeding superworms and dubias and greens
I'm currently in the process of breeding superworms
And I'm trying to get my hands on some dubia breeders so I can maintain my own food supply
I'll post pictures of all of my beautys tomorrow

Now let the feedback pour in!
Lol

��������
A few days ago regarding your animals going into shedding.

Quote:
I don't know how it is happening or being caused but the little orange one had a pinch in the tail when I got him . Is that causing him to get it ? Or am I overreacting?
The red one almost half of her tail is darker but it's not decaying like others I've seen.
I'm not a pro, I just started beardies 3 months ago so please give me advice!
I know the best thing is go see a vet so please don't advise me to do that unless you think it's necessary. I heard betadine on the tail works?
Please help
Thanks guys
Yet you are already selling with an ad here?

I find your complaint lacking on many of the points you were trying to raise. I think you should post your communication with the company to see if the rudeness matches your claims as well.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #16
Kristi23
New animals should never even have contact with existing animals. You could have put him in the smaller tank until you could get a bigger one. A few inches in size wasn't going to make that big of a difference.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #17
juliasara
If it was properly quarantined how did it manage to kill your dragon? Quarantine means absolutely no contact, it doesn't take more then a few seconds of contact to transmit diseases, parasites what have you. To me quarantine means housed as far away from my existing collection as possible, a different building if possible. And I always scrub and change clothes after doing anything with the animals in quarantine. Some bugs can be transmitted on your clothes or hands. My point is these dragons should have never been anywhere near each other and the others that were in contact with it could have been infected. Hopefully the new dragon is healthy and disease/parasite free but you never know. I even quarantine animals I get from the people I've been buying from for years and trust 100%. I'd rather be safe then sorry!

Old 11-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #18
ODAMA
Why would you take that kind of risk if you knew size was a huge difference and still put them together?

Old 11-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #19
Kristi23
It's obvious that you have little experience with bearded dragons. Once they are able to be sexed, I would suggest housing them separately. Now you have four dragons. What will you do if none of them can be housed together? These are all things you should have been aware of.

I feel for your dragon, but I don't think it's fair to blame the seller for this.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #20
Lucille
Quote:
Willing to do what needs to be done
Don't mind getting dirty
Private message me if ANYONE needs a helping hand!
Small or big I'm up for the task!
Quote:
I'm looking for someone that I can talk with about my bearded dragon . Im looking into breeding and everything that is beardies . Even someone to get some more beautiful babies from too.

Message me back guys and guys im a newcomer so I need a pal!
You have a new child and you are looking for work. Perhaps returning the critter would have been a good choice.

You admit you don't know a lot about dragons, that is good, as I told you in that post, ask specific questions and you will get help. I think with all you had going on the smaller housing might have been OK for a while.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!