Bad Guy Repxotica Rare Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
iamjcal
Repxotica Rare Reptiles

I recently had a very poor interaction with Repxotica Rare Reptiles. Over the summer I purchased a 1.1 pair of coxi for $400. I was very adamant about them making certain it was in fact 1.1, but regrettably did not probe them at arrival. This was obviously a mistake on my part. I probed them this week after they both appeared male visibly. As it turned out both probed 12 scales deep and are males.

I share a collection with my father and he had emailed the company and I had contacted them via Facebook. Despite being VERY responsive when making the purchase they were not nearly as responsive when called out on their error.

First problem with the response is seeing the message and ignoring. I don't buy the lack of data plan since they have to be on facebook to respond and my messages are typically immediately seen. The first idea for a fix was to find and sell me another female. If you cant sex them correctly the first time, why should I trust them now? I was giving them some time to discuss the plan when the owner e-mailed my father and gave the option of only refunding $100 dollars. Selling lone males is difficult and I don't believe that I can even break even on this sale with that.

They have not once denied the mistake, they just continually say that they can't refund or fix the problem. I am more than capable shipping reptiles and believe that a refund with shipped back larger and healthy animals is reasonable, or a yearling female in trade for one of the males.

Snakes get sexed wrong from time to time. It happens. Heck I've had it happen. I just had the good nature to fix and refund or replace the animal. These guys don't deserve your business if they are willing to be stubborn on a mistake that they don't deny for such a minimal dollar value.

Rest of pictures incoming.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #2
iamjcal
part 2
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #3
iamjcal
part 3. sorry for the typos!
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #4
BeauBoi
Thank you for posting. I am sorry this happened to you. While we are all human and make mistakes, it is how we handle the mistakes that count. In this case, you are absolutely correct. They should exchange the male you purchased for a female of the same species and pay for shipping both animals.
It isn't alway obvious what should happen to rectify a mistake, but in this case I believe that it is.
If the company refuses to make you whole, then one can only wonder if they knew all along that they sent you 2.0 rather then the 1.1 you ordered.
~Beau

Old 03-29-2016, 08:01 PM   #5
tlmoon
A couple of thoughts: 9 months is a long time to have the animals....I am NOT saying you are at fault, but look at it from a seller's point of view. How do they know you are telling the truth? Again, I'm NOT saying you aren't - but it's not unreasonable for a business to need to think about this a bit, to make sure they aren't getting scammed (buyers scam sellers too, after all - again, not saying you are, just speaking in general).

On your screenshots, is "Friday" (the one after the June 23rd date) this past Friday the 25th of March? Not everyone has data on their phone, so I don't think it's fair to accuse them of lying about that when they did respond to you within about 4 hours.

Honestly? I know you are upset, but this came out of the blue from their perspective and you were wanting an immediate answer and got angry when you didn't get what you wanted right away.

I'm not saying they are in the right, and they don't seem to be contesting they made an error. I do think there are some extenuating circumstances, in terms this not coming to light for 9 months.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #6
tlmoon
Oops hit post before I was done: I meant Extenuating circumstances in terms of them taking a little while to decide what to do and get back to you.

If they sold you a pair, they should get you a female, or the equivalent amount of money. Did they say how they came to the $100 figure?

Old 03-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #7
Snake-Queen
I have no knowledge of this species, what is the price difference between males and females?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-29-2016, 08:06 PM   #8
iamjcal
Males are worth much less and harder to sell alone as with many colubrids. As I said, I should have probed initially upon receiving them, but on their end I was guaranteed 1.1. I shouldn't HAVE the probe them.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #9
tlmoon
No argument there, Justin. Do you know if they plan on responding to this thread? Sometimes people see the error of their ways when multiple people tell them they need to do better. If you can quantify what a female usually sells for, and how this is setting your breeding plans back, that might help bring about a better resolution (or at least, one would hope).

Old 03-29-2016, 08:12 PM   #10
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjcal View Post
Males are worth much less and harder to sell alone as with many colubrids. As I said, I should have probed initially upon receiving them, but on their end I was guaranteed 1.1. I shouldn't HAVE the probe them.

That did not answer my question at all.

Are males worth $100 & females $300?

You paid $400.

I am trying to understand the price difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!