Info BHB Poor Communications - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #41
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
Ok. Stephenie just called to relay a message from Lori to me. The message was that, due to the snake passing a health check when it left their facility and the fact that I didn't not notify them of the snake having visible symptoms within 3 days of purchase, they are protected by their TOS and don't owe me anything.
The snake arrived on 3/29 and this thread was started the evening of 4/1, where the OP stated:
Quote:
Finally, I got ahold of Stephenie after calling 4 or 5 times, but she said that Lori was the person who would know about this particular snake and she wouldn't be in until the next day. She suggested that, since the snake wasn't visibly sick, I wait about taking her to vet until after I talk to Lori, and promised that Lori would call me the next day. Lori never called me back, and (once again) all I got was the answering machine when I called.
IMO you notified them within their three-day TOS that there was a problem with the critter, especially since the earliest RI symptoms are not visible.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #42
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
The snake arrived on 3/29 and this thread was started the evening of 4/1, where the OP stated:

IMO you notified them within their three-day TOS that there was a problem with the critter, especially since the earliest RI symptoms are not visible.
That is what I thought too, but no. See, when I called and told them that the snake was making a strange noise that I thoug was early stage RI, that wasn't the same as me calling and saying the snake is sick....I didn't call and say that the snake was FOR SURE sick until today....

~Beau

Old 04-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #43
Kristi23
Quote:
That is what I thought too, but no. See, when I called and told them that the snake was making a strange noise that I thoug was early stage RI, that wasn't the same as me calling and saying the snake is sick....I didn't call and say that the snake was FOR SURE sick until today....

~Beau
That's just wrong. I'm a bit bothered by someone calling back to relay a message from Lori though. I find it a bit odd and I would have made sure I contacted one of the actual owners and not the same employee. Seems off to me. But I understand just wanting to be done with it. It's a shame to see stuff like this though because it will affect them. You weren't even asking for anything, just notifying them of a problem. They should have been thankful for it.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #44
BeauBoi
I just got a pm from Lori. She says she is going to post it herself, which is fine, but I am gonna post it and my response to it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CwnAnnwn
I will post it in the BOI in the next day or so, just wanted to give you an heads up before I post it.

========================================

lori@bhbreptiles.com
10:54 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
Thanks for the heads up and contrary to what this person says we have returned every message that they have left. if they called multiple times and did not leave a message there is no way of us knowing that.....

Thanks,
Lori

BHB Enterprises
586-263-4686

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fauna Forum review.
Date: Tue, April 05, 2016 10:54 am
To: info@bhbreptiles.com

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a fauna forum review that is getting pretty ugly. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=570426

Just not looking good. Sorry.

Dan Carroll

=================

Sorry this happened to you.

You didn't reply to any message I sent. Period. You didn't reply to the 2 emails I sent you before I bought the snake (which I ~should~ have taken as an indication of your "customer service", and you didn't return my call when I requested you call me before shipping. Is it any wonder I stopped leaving voice messages?
I DID however, by just calling over and over, talk to Stephanie who PROMISED that you, Lori, would DEFINATELY contact me Thursday because the black rat snake were "your babies" and that you would want to know about its health. X crickets x As usual, No Response.

As I said on the BOI, I am done. I didn't expect ANYTHING from you people except for common curtesy, but you couldn't even offer that. You had Stephenie call to "relay a message from you"...

~Beau

Again, ALL I ASKED was that they communicate with me. I have NEVER asked for ANYTHING else. I want to keep the snake. I am not stupid enough to expect anyone else to pay for vet bills I incurred. I posted this BOI to let other people know what kind of experience these people think is acceptable.

~Beau

Old 04-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #45
CwnAnnwn
I am not lori. I emailed them to show them there was a BOI against them. I allowed Ms. Hammonds to read the email, so it was not being dropped out of the blue. I considered this the best way to deal with two angry parties.

I have nothing do with BHB. I emailed them once about rainbow boas about 3 years ago, and I say Hi to them at shows every once in a while. I do follow their youtube channel, mainly because I am new to keep reptiles.

Sorry if you got confused about this. I thought I made myself pretty clear.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #46
BeauBoi
* I'm sorry, I misunderstood where the post originated. Lori didn't contact me, she just told someone else that I was lying and that person forwarded me the message. This entire transaction has exhausted my patience.

Al I have ever asked from BHB in this transaction is that they communicate with me about this animal. At no point has any person who has actual knowledge of the animal contacted me or spoken to me.

The only reason that I even called them back after the vet appointment was because @Nick suggested it would be the right thing to do, and it probably was the "right thing" but it has just caused more stress for me.

These people are too busy to talk to you about their animals. That should tell everyone enough.

~Beau

Old 04-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #47
owlbear
It bothers me a lot that their concern was over not owing you anything and not the welfare of the snake. This thread just confirms that I'm not doing business with them again and that my experience with the poor communication wasn't a one time thing.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #48
Mistyck
I think this whole thing was handled in an unprofessional manner by BHB. If they have something to say about the OP, then they need to come here and say it. Not say it to a 3rd party. I haven't seen where the OP has asked for anything other than to be acknowledged and they couldn't even do that.

I also love how on their website they state:
Quote:
Our goal is to provide our customers with the highest quality reptiles coupled with service that is second to none.
If that is their "Second to None" customer service, then I would hate to see how they would provide great customer service to this customer.

All they had to to was acknowledge the OP and I believe this whole thing wouldn't have even been an issue. But instead they've been rude, and then talked bad about the OP behind her back to other people. That speaks volumes about them. Let's hope they aren't so stressed after their move, and can act in a more professional manner with the next customer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!