Bad Guy Kelly's Chameleons -- Unethical Breeder/Scammer - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #41
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSB View Post
I have nothing else to add to this thread but that someone really needs to explicitly state that Paypal was NOT cheated. Paypal offers a buyer protection service and this service has a fee attached. If one chooses the friends and family service that fee is not paid for a that particular transaction and the buyer protection service is not provided. It is that simple.
Paypal makes a living by the fees. Avoiding those fees not only leaves one without protection, it uses Paypal's service without compensating them, especially when one lies about 'friend or family' when it is actually a business transaction.

Perhaps we need to get Paypal's take on this difference of opinion.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:47 PM   #42
DanSB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Paypal makes a living by the fees. Avoiding those fees not only leaves one without protection, it uses Paypal's service without compensating them, especially when one lies about 'friend or family' when it is actually a business transaction.

Perhaps we need to get Paypal's take on this difference of opinion.
As far as Paypal was concerned it was not a business transaction because the fee was not paid (it was classified by the person who sent money as a friends and family money send). As such Paypal incurred no risk of a charge back or other business related liabilities because it was not classified as a business transaction.

I know what Paypal would say and it would be something along the lines of what I said above. But you are more than welcome to try to contact them for a statement. I know large corporations very well; if they felt it was worth while to keep people from paying for goods and services using the friends and family payment method they would definitely have already done so. In fact if I recall from having a business account with them (many) years ago they used to automatically charge your business account for all payments and seem to have taken that away.

I personally really like Paypal's solution: If you want their buyer protection service you select the option that you are buying, if you don't you select you're sending money to friends and family. Very simple, very easy, and the least likely to cause anger because it says right on the screen what you're getting.

Brian got bamboozled in this instance and I've seen where quite a few here have as well, but everyone has to admit Paypal at least didn't do anything wrong... Genius on Paypal's part!

Old 04-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #43
Craig Wyatt
Lucille you seem to stuck on the PayPal thing. You have not made any mention what so ever about Kelly ripping off Brian. Guessing you see no fault in Kelly. That is the main purpose of this thread. I suggest you either stop posting in this thread or see if you can find any other fault that may have happened in this transaction. (Hint. Read the title and work it through from there) I've seen you do this many many times before. You get stuck on stupid and you can't break away.

**at this point anyone who reads this thread fully understands your position with the PayPal aspect of the thread****

Old 04-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #44
kenmare
Kelly's Chameleons - Unethical Breeder/Scammer

My sole purpose in posting here was to warn others about the transaction I went through with Kelly Smith. I shared this story on 2 other chameleon Facebook sites and was encouraged by several breeder friends of mine to post on the BOI so that it would become a permanent record. The posts and the entire tone of conversations on the on the chameleon sites were vastly different than what has occurred here on Fauna. Everyone on those forums was much more concerned about the unhealthy condition of the animals she sold and the dishonest aftermath when I returned them to her. No name calling or questioning my integrity. Kelly often advertises her chams on here and I thought other prospective buyers should be forewarned. I do not enjoy engaging in pissing matches or having my integrity called into question by people who don't know me.

I was upfront about how the Paypal transaction took place. Nobody "called me on it" as was stated in a previous post. I was open about my culpability. I sent it that way out of ignorance and naivete. I know in my heart what my intentions were and they were certainly not to defraud Paypal. I find the comments made in a previous post about me "lying and cheating Paypal" to be very offensive. The definition of cheating is "to act dishonestly in order to gain an advantage." I fail to see where my actions have resulted in any advantage whatsoever to me. Instead, I left myself stupidly unprotected and open to be cheated by someone who truly did gain an advantage. I did not post here to gain anyone's sympathy and certainly not to be judged. I really don't appreciate someone scolding me like they are the all-knowing mother figure here on Fauna. Yes, that was a "snarky" comment, my first and last.

I was told that the BOI was the proper forum to warn others about breeders who have engaged in unethical transactions. By posting here, I am under no illusions that Kelly is going to have an epiphany and all of a sudden become an honest breeder. She has ignored all of my texts and has posted only once on one of the other forums with a weak statement about how long she had to hold onto the animals before we could ship. Not sure what that has to do with the condition of the animals she sent me but that was her main defense.
As you can see, she has been notified by several others about this thread and has not responded. The silence is deafening.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #45
Seakit
Well said Brain!

Old 04-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #46
nickolasanastasiou
Brian, I certainly appreciate you bringing your experience here such that you might save someone else a similarly unpleasant result.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #47
kenmare
Kelly's Chameleons - Unethical Breeder/Scammer

Thanks to both of the last people who just posted. Yes, my only intention is to warn other people about the experience I just went through. As stated before, other people on the Chameleon sites have gone through similar experiences with her so this is not an isolated incident. Thanks again.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #48
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt View Post
You have not made any mention what so ever about Kelly ripping off Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
and going forward, continue to help the community by letting us all know about your bad experience.
On the contrary.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #49
Craig Wyatt
Lmao!!! That comment was a drop of water in a 10 gallon paint bucket. Kinda hard to see. Good call though. I see your major concern on the real topic now.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:35 PM   #50
Craig Wyatt
Here is 2 email addresses for Kelly Smith.

Kelly.lynn24@comcast.net

naturally.enchanted@gmail.com

I totally forgot last year I inquired about a red body she had. Check out this response from her. Notice the way she ask me to pay!!
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!