Bad Guy Don't Buy From ReptMart. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:04 PM   #31
Herpetology 88
I will get back to this thread later on. I have to get up at 6 AM, I'm not a night owl. Hopefully I won't return to more insults and derogatory.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:05 PM   #32
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpetology 88 View Post
How should I be able to prove my credibility here?
Since the seller in question has stated that they don't seem to have any record of doing business with you, you could start by providing a screenshot of your PayPal/credit card history to prove that the transaction you've described actually took place to begin with. Since you obviously know how to block out information on a screenshot, my request shouldn't be too alarming to you.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:21 PM   #33
EdwardK
Quote:
First, observe the animal here. All annulata snakes I have seen don't appear as this specimen. The red band count is 24. Annulata typically has between 14-20. Markel's book states that intergrades between annulata x gentilis are potential depending on the locality.
24 red rings isn't outside of the possibility for annulata, you need to keep in mind that the range in Markel's books is a generalized average range of ring numbers that doesn't include aberrant patterns....It is really a guide on what a typical snake could look like not a definitive guide. If you want to confirm whether or not it is an annulata, you need to do a scale count or figure out where you can get a DNA comparison run.

I should also note that other guides (such as this one by the famous Hobart Smith) do not count red rings but white/yellow and from what I can tell, your snake is pretty close to being in the range (at least not extremely outside as the red bands indicate), which could easily mean a slightly aberrantly patterned animal.
see http://sierraherps.com/pdf/Smith%5B1%5D.1942.pdf

Smith, Hobart M. "Remarks on the Mexican king snakes of the triangulum group." Rochester Acad. Sci 8 (1942): 196-207.

If you want to go with the definitive book on milksnakes and how to identify them correctly I suggest Systematics and natural history of the American milk snake. 2nd ed. Milwaukee Pub. Museum. While Markel's book is good for a TFH pet book, it lacks more than a little as a definitive work.

some comments

Ed

Old 07-31-2017, 10:21 PM   #34
Akiranar
Quote:
Chris, please elaborate. How should I be able to prove my credibility here?
I suggest reading other threads and seeing how people will provide screen shots and e-mails. Not sure why you are worried about tracking numbers and location when your real name is provided along with your town and state.

The people of this site want the full story, that way they can judge for themselves who to deal with and who not to. So far the attitude you've shown will most likely turn a lot of people away from dealing with you.

There are a few people I will refuse to deal with because of how they behave on other threads. That is how the BoI works.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:24 PM   #35
caffeinecynic
Welp.

Someone was reasonable in this post, but it sure wasn't the OP.

You came here, said "Don't buy from them," and gave them exactly zero options to make it right. Refuse to even speak to them for a chance to correct your experience. In spite of that, Mike offered you a resolution that is pretty fair under the circumstances.

Sounds to me like you're a problem customer. This thread reflects more poorly on you than it does on Mike, Snakes at Sunset, or Reptmart.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:33 PM   #36
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiranar View Post
I suggest reading other threads and seeing how people will provide screen shots and e-mails. Not sure why you are worried about tracking numbers and location when your real name is provided along with your town and state.

The people of this site want the full story, that way they can judge for themselves who to deal with and who not to. So far the attitude you've shown will most likely turn a lot of people away from dealing with you.

There are a few people I will refuse to deal with because of how they behave on other threads. That is how the BoI works.
Maybe his true address conflicts with the one he is advertising here.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:40 PM   #37
Herpetology 88
Well, this website is clearly a hassle. I'm done with it. I realize my account will remain, yet it is highly irrelevant to me. What's the purpose at this point? It's as Chris said. All of you won't believe me no matter what I provide. It will be an endless cycle of nothing. Furthermore, any future replies will have no importance.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:59 PM   #38
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardK View Post
24 red rings isn't outside of the possibility for annulata, you need to keep in mind that the range in Markel's books is a generalized average range of ring numbers that doesn't include aberrant patterns....It is really a guide on what a typical snake could look like not a definitive guide. If you want to confirm whether or not it is an annulata, you need to do a scale count or figure out where you can get a DNA comparison run.

I should also note that other guides (such as this one by the famous Hobart Smith) do not count red rings but white/yellow and from what I can tell, your snake is pretty close to being in the range (at least not extremely outside as the red bands indicate), which could easily mean a slightly aberrantly patterned animal.
see http://sierraherps.com/pdf/Smith%5B1%5D.1942.pdf

Smith, Hobart M. "Remarks on the Mexican king snakes of the triangulum group." Rochester Acad. Sci 8 (1942): 196-207.

If you want to go with the definitive book on milksnakes and how to identify them correctly I suggest Systematics and natural history of the American milk snake. 2nd ed. Milwaukee Pub. Museum. While Markel's book is good for a TFH pet book, it lacks more than a little as a definitive work.

some comments

Ed
Extremely informative as usual.
Thank you, Ed.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:07 PM   #39
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
On reptmart.com Mexican Milk Snakes since we bought the website have only been available as male. <snip> I can however swap the male for a female when we get them if interested, but that would be out of trying to help you out, so you would have to pay shipping atleast one way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
By the way, I'm not sure exactly how you ordered, but at ReptMart's website you do not have the option to order a female Mexican Milk. Just saying.
I think Michael's offer is more than fair especially since there has already been some time passed but it does not appear Lukas wanted a resolution but to report the issues he felt happened. I understand that. Lukas, people are asking for proof of your statements so they can decide if you are being truthful. Sometimes the truth lies between what each party states.

One thing that I noticed, people mention he was supposed to get a female. Lukas said he wanted a male:

Quote:
I initially ordered a male Mexican milk snake from them and couldn't be more disappointed. <snip> What else? The gender is actually female, not male.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:08 PM   #40
Herpetology 88
I would like to thank Ed before leaving this website permanently, as well. Thank you, Ed. I mean it. Your reply is extremely helpful. As for Snakes at Sunset, I hope we are on good terms. This will be my absolute last post here. Leaving this website is not an issue for me, as nothing here is important to me, really.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!