Reptile Basics SIM incubation box - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Madden View Post
It may be more expensive than glad containers, but to me, its money well spent if you are looking to hatch strong, robust neonates...

With many side by side tests, animals hatched in the SIM have been better developed and hatched earlier...
I don't think implying that any other method of incubation won't produce strong, healthy hatchlings is a good marketing tactic. That simply isn't true. You can get the same results from a multitude of other methods (if done correctly, of course). Everyone does things differently, their is no one, perfect way to incubate everything.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #12
Gregg Madden
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I don't think implying that any other method of incubation won't produce strong, healthy hatchlings is a good marketing tactic. That simply isn't true.
I am not implying anything... Just reporting our findings and the findings of our customers...

Our container takes many variables out of the equation like proper water to substrate mixes which affects the humidity the eggs get or do not get... The eggs are not sitting in a substrate so death from over sturation is not a factor...

Besides, you have a long history of trying to knock the product so what you say, does not matter one bit... Our product works well and does exactly what it is supposed to do... Well over a thousand customers and the tons of great feed back and pictures from reputable breeders and hobby breeders alike speaks volumes... Your single closeminded opinion means nothing... Until you have used the product, there is really nothing you can say that can retain water...

Care to explain how a zoo got a 100% hatch rate on a species that has never had a hatch rate past 30% no matter who they are or what incubation method they used???

Old 12-07-2010, 02:13 AM   #13
SamanthaJane13
Talking

Quote:
Wow, that is the first I have ever heard of an issue with rhacs... Should have contacted us... You could have got one of the containers with a faulty lid... We did put the info up on our site to let people know if the lid was too ridged or didnt fit well, we would send a replacement... Thats the only reason I can see it getting too dry in the container... Unless you are using a hoverbator???

Thanks for the reply, Gregg!!

It wasn't an issue with the lid though.

I'd purchased the SIM from Matt Parks at Pange, and even for the extra grids when they became available.

I just couldn't get the H2O/SuperHatch ratio right for the SIM. And I just used room temperature without an incubator. It was just a bad year for my crew with the heat and everything else working against me.

I'm going to be trying the ThinkGeek.com Deluxe Mini Fridge/Heater this year, because my main problem is the fact that my house gets too hot in the summer. Like 92 degrees on bad days. NOT beneficial to developing gecko embryos.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/6ad2/

I may try vermiculite in the SIM & vermiculite in a regular deli cup, splitting the clutches between the two, to see what happens.

I still love the IDEA behind the SIM, so I'm gonna give it another try.

Thanks again!!

Old 12-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #14
Gregg Madden
Even though you got the container from Matt, you can still contact either John or myself with any questions... We stand behind our product and would love to help anyone using it...

Again, if you have any issues or questions at all, please contact us...

Gregg
1-347-898-8728

John
1-917-741-2019

Old 12-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #15
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Our container takes many variables out of the equation like proper water to substrate mixes which affects the humidity the eggs get or do not get... The eggs are not sitting in a substrate so death from over sturation is not a factor...
Yes, I understand the concept, use it myself...I also said it was one of my top incubation methods, provided other examples of what I have used successfully and said your container was slick and would be great for the small hobbyist like the OP. I think you need to reread what I've said in this thread and quit while you're ahead. I'd hate to see another good thread get deleted because you again misinterpreted something in a thread and took it to heart.

Quote:
Besides, you have a long history of trying to knock the product so what you say, does not matter one bit... Our product works well and does exactly what it is supposed to do... Well over a thousand customers and the tons of great feed back and pictures from reputable breeders and hobby breeders alike speaks volumes... Your single closeminded opinion means nothing... Until you have used the product, there is really nothing you can say that can retain water...
Wow, that's a lie. We had one conversation on another forum that was deleted because you took constructive criticism by myself and one other individual too personally. One conversation that spanned maybe two days does not equal a "long history" and discussion on your product hardly came up again in my life until questions popped up in the past week here.

Quote:
Care to explain how a zoo got a 100% hatch rate on a species that has never had a hatch rate past 30% no matter who they are or what incubation method they used???
I'm not sure why you're asking me this? Firstly, I haven't the faintest idea on anything involving the Chuckwalla species...Secondly, if that's true statistics, awesome! It's a shame they didn't think of using substrate-less in the past.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #16
dustinNMpythons
So how do you do the substrateless method with these? I'm still a little confused. You just put water in the bottom and put the eggs on the rails?

Old 12-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #17
Gregg Madden
Stephanie, You are right I am sorry... Still not sure how you can form an opinion on our product or compare it to other methods when you have never used it... Our own findings and reports from our users seem to say the exact opposite of what you say...
I am also unsure how you come to the conclusion that this container is only good for small scale breeders... There are many large scale breeders using the container and some of them converted completely to using the S.I.M...
I would like to know where you are getting the info you need to come up with these assumptions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinNMpythons View Post
So how do you do the substrateless method with these? I'm still a little confused. You just put water in the bottom and put the eggs on the rails?
Hi Dustin,
The substrateless part has to do with the fact that the eggs are not sitting in a substrate... They sit on top of a plastic grid and are held in place by adjustable triangular rods that keep the eggs from rolling... You need to use something bellow to maintain the humidity level in the container... You can use wet perlite, vermiculite, hatch rite, super hatch, water crystals, and straight water...
My personal favorite is cellulose sponge material... This has worked great and many people are using it as a medium... Just soak the sponge, ring it out, and you have the perfect amount of water in your container...

Again, this container take out many variables and has improved hatch rates and health in hatchlings in many cases...

Here are just a few of the hundreds of photos of the S.I.M. container in action....

Ackies

Varanus Tristis

Hognose snakes using the cellolose substrate...

Chuckwalla

Old 12-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #18
SamanthaJane13
Dustin-there is actually substrate involved-in the bottom part of the chamber, and the eggs are suspended over the substrate on a plastic grid, so they never come in contact with the substrate.

That keeps the eggs from drowning in substrate which might be too moist, and also keeps the eggs/hatchlings clean.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #19
Focal
Thanks for posting the pics. I've been trying to visualize it's use. Have you received feedback yet on anyone that couldn't separate the eggs? BP eggs stick together a lot (from what I understand) so would there be a way to secure a cluster? How many "railings" do you get and are they easy to cut without shattering? Like if I wanted to make a box instead of a row to hold a cluster. Can you raise and lower the tray to clear the lid? I really like the concept.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #20
Gregg Madden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Thanks for posting the pics. I've been trying to visualize it's use. Have you received feedback yet on anyone that couldn't separate the eggs?
The triangular rods are fully adjustable and removable so clumped clutched can easily be incubated...

Here is a photo of a large clumped King Snake clutch hatching out...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!