Huge Hognose Female! Please post your large females too! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #11
snakechaarmer
What a beautiful girl!

Old 10-02-2010, 02:59 AM   #12
masteryoda1978
You def have to watch her (and your hand) when she eats! Lol!!! She has a huge mouth and flies literally out of the enclosure with her mouth wide open. She could eat a f/t medium rat with ease but I usually give her 2 mice or a small rat. Typical hoggie appetite but on a larger scale...swallows em however she happens to grab em. She lays large infertile eggs every so often...poor gal is destined to not mate. My big lovable old maid!! Lol!! Thank you everyone for all the nice comments so far.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #13
RachelSnakes
Holy cow, she is a BIG girl!! I wonder how many eggs she would lay, is she proven?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
masteryoda1978
Def not proven. She is not by far a picky eater and eats anything placed in front of her. This would include normal sized males! I would be happy if someone could find a male large enough for her. Last season I tried thinning her out a bit. That only took her weight down to still over 900 grams...not near small enough to be able to breed and she's shed twice since then. I gave up. If someone has a male that may be able to compete please pm we can discuss a price.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #15
Gregg Madden
You will never find a male that will come even close to that size... A very large male would be in the 150 gram range... One of my biggest males is at 125 grams and that is pretty large for a male...

You would be suprized at how capable a small male can be when it comes to breeding large females... Believe it or not, an average sized male will be able to handle her... A female hog will very rarely feed on a male...

The only thing I can see being a problem is her weight... People always think bigger is better when it comes to breeding but at her size she might not even ovulate...

Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #16
metaldad904
Gooooood God she's HUUUUUGE! Beautiful, wonder how old she is?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!