grapefruit seed extract , wormwood , parazap ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2004, 12:44 AM   #21
robin d.
Quote:
actually if rocal-D wouldnt work , neither will ammonia !! Rocal is just a brand- name given to a Quaternary Ammonia Compound
first off, only a percentage of 10% amonia or better will kill cocidia... what you buy at the grocery store is ten percent without even diluting it. and i am sure rocal doesnt contain that much amonia

Quote:
IF i didnt know better than what he told me or didnt i would be treating them in vain , and he would get several overpriced office-visit charges
so what you are saying is you are not going to take the other back to get fecales and just treat the whole entire lotregardless of whether they have it or not? nice.....

apparantly you have found a vet you like. and thats find but to self diagnose and medicate no that not right, i understand you want to learn but trust me having a scope and doing minor fecals is barely the tip of the iceberg.... like i said alot of things can look alike their are different kinds of cocidia and many illness's can not even be diagnosed via a fecal float. it is one thing to want to know more and be inquisitive but when you cross the line in diagnosing your animals guided by a book, thats a bit different. and medicating them subsequently...... i do not think you know how dangerous MOST of the medicationms are out there... the dosing vary from species to species... metabolism takes a big role, age lots of factors... some medication require fluids in conjunction to keep the liver and kidneys from shutting down. there is so little known about reptiles and reptiles illnesses and disease as it is and to self diagnose or go the "shotgun" approach is just ignorant