IM GUESSING PREGO - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #21
bayedncaught
the temp is 87 hot side

Old 06-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #22
Matt2979
If she's a het albino that was bred to an albino, bump up your hot spot by about 10 degrees. Although, judging by the pic, she might be too far along for the added heat to help...but I don't think it would hurt. Good luck with her!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #23
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
If she's a het albino that was bred to an albino, bump up your hot spot by about 10 degrees. Although, judging by the pic, she might be too far along for the added heat to help...but I don't think it would hurt. Good luck with her!
I have been in this temperature situation before with a gravid female. I bumped the temp 1 degree every day untill it reached 92. You know if she is staying on the hot side all the time that is good. But 97 is a little high to change the temp too.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #24
joshc24
When my het was gravid by my albino I kept her hot spot on 92.8 and she went in and out of basking every other hour like clock work.
Just my exp not saying its the only route to go

Old 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #25
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshc24 View Post
When my het was gravid by my albino I kept her hot spot on 92.8 and she went in and out of basking every other hour like clock work.
Just my exp not saying its the only route to go
92-93 is what my gravid females are kept at. I have tried the 97 thing, they stayed on the cool side which I didn't like. I like to see em go back and forth like you stated Josh, or at least spend the majority of there time on that spot.

I had this one female, she stayed on her cool side all the time. I had her hot spot (under belly heat) set at 95. She was my first female to produce for me. I adjusted her temp down 1 degree over the course of a week, once it hit 92, she stayed there 75% of the time. She would move back and forth, but she liked that warmer side. I had lowered it to the point of 90 degrees on hot side, at that point, she never moved from that spot. So that told me right there 92 was the temp to go by. Ever since, 92 has been my hot side temp with females.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #26
bayedncaught
ok ill bump temp up alil if u dnt mind me askin whats the diff if shesa het or not or a albino breed her or not

Old 06-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #27
joshc24
Its harder for albino to retain heat. I have found out my albino females do better with belly heat then rather then radiant heat. Just me though and I prefer belly heat for them.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #28
bayedncaught
ok what the heck here is her pic as of today what is going on?? look at her size now almost back to normal
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #29
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayedncaught View Post
ok what the heck here is her pic as of today what is going on?? look at her size now almost back to normal
It may have been just a large ovulation. She is much skinnier now. Also, when females are about to drop they shrink pretty quick. This happens when the babies start absorbing all of the left over yolk I believe.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #30
chasebaker5
you should know more about breeding boas before you just go a do so....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!