DAN BIFIELD!  HORRIBLE BUSINESS ETHICS!!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #61
L.A.Snakes/Griff
The BOI has been very good to me, and its history of inquires on L.A.Snakes, Inc. has more than justified my reputation.

As for Dan Biefield...............there is no association!!!!!

We had one business transaction on customer basis only.

He makes reference to my name in his ads soley for the purpose of verification of sale and genetics of the snakes he now owns. spam_It's like you or I using Peter Kahl or Jeremy Stone's name to verify a sale or genetics of there resold snakes.

Jeremy I am sorry that this has happen to you. spam_It effects each and everyone of us in some way or another, worse of all it casts a dark shadow over the word '' Trust '' which we all would like to have and need in each other.

Thanks for all the concerned e-mails.

L.A.Snakes, Inc. - Griff

Old 08-30-2002, 05:24 PM   #62
AztecFred
I am beginning to see the value in not shipping and only doing local shows, where I can see customers face to face and explain any problems with them concerning the snakes at that time.  This sounds pretty polluted, and as i dont know all the particulars other than what has been printed here, I am staying out of it. frankly,i am burned out on shipping.

Fred
                                       (Aztec Reptiles)

Old 08-31-2002, 12:01 AM   #63
Ricks Reptiles
Hey Fred, I have been in the herp world for over 13 years and my business took off as soon as I started shipping and selling herps online. My business took off because I back all sales 100% and made things right if there ever was a problem.

Unfortunately, as we all can see, Dan is not going to do so.

I feel if you know the people you are dealing with, and watch this site to find out who the people are that you do not want to do business with, it helps make it easier to buy and sell herps online. I always sold more herps online then at any show. I always liked the shows to get to know some of the people face to face. I am also a  people person and beleive that is what keeps you in biz!

Dan you need to make things RIGHT with this sale!!!

Your reputation is fading fast...

Rick Steward/Ricks Reptiles

Old 08-31-2002, 03:27 AM   #64
sexysnake
I would have to agree with Rick it is exactly when it took off for us too.  It is all in your business practices and customer service, it makes a business.  If Wal-mart took your money at the door and then gave you what they thought you should have then told you if you didn't like it to basically "bite them " you might have an issue.  
     Dan has dug himself a deep grave as we now tell people thinking of buying a cat we do not carry and are looking on the internet to avoid Dan's website. Pay the money back Dan, it is the right thing to do!!  Maybe if you were to do this you might be able to salvage whatever rep you have left, al;though your customer service belongs in the gutter and cannot be saved.

Old 08-31-2002, 04:38 AM   #65
Dan Bifield
Send them back for a full refund is my reply. Those snakes were in the best of health when they left.I am sorry air born express left them on your step.

I will not be pressured by all of you breeders who love to talk trash here on the BOI.Some of you people check me and are on the BOI yourself.Then I go on some of your free websites or see your web TV email address to see your collection.

Jeremy if you are not happy send the snakes back for a full refund.The deal was for $3800 shipped and I did not say how I was shipping them.

"If you are not happy send the snakes back for a full refund."
I will even refund your costs of shipping.  

I will produce a lot of boa morphs this year and next.I will now be selling all of my snakes with a health cert and of course much less than most of the breeders out there.If you do not want to buy from Dan/Exotic Pets then that is fine.  

DAN BIFIELD

Old 08-31-2002, 05:04 AM   #66
Dan Bifield
Oh, and this guy MIKE JONES who claimes I screwed his daughter on X- mas.

He calls me from my ad on KS saying he has a ANERY FEMALE he will trade for a bengal kitten.I told him to ship the snake and it turns out to be a skinny mite infested male.He tried so hard to get me to ship my kitten before sexing his snake.

I told him I was not happy cuz it is a MALE but that maybe my friend might want it thinking I should try to solve this.Then Mike gets pissed and demands me to ship his wrong sex snake back to him at my expense.I posted all of this on KS boa fourm when it happned.You breeders all told me he shipped the wrong sex and it should be him who pays the shipping back.I told him he would get his snake back when he sent his shipping money.He calls Ben Segial here locally to try to help him. I called Ben told him everything and Mike was sent back his snake after he sent me his shipping.

Mike now posts all of this one sided info trashing me and now I'm a scumbag.Everyone else just jumps in without even knowing me.IF YOU WOULD HAVE SENT A FEMALE ANERY YOU WOULD HAVE GOT YOUR KITTEN.You thought you could pull a fast one on me and scam a kitten for your daughter.You got cought in a lie and got pissed when you had to pay your shipping back.It was all on boa fourm.

Now Mike posts personal info on BOI about me.I thought this BOI was for problem deals, not to gossip about peoples personal life.

I have never been married so I could not have been devorced twice as Mike claimes. My girlfriend is 19 years old and I don't try to hide that fact. Maybe some of you don't feel I should date someone so young and thats fine. I can't help the fact that we love each other and age don't matter to us.We are happy and that is all that matters.

DAN BIFIELD

Old 08-31-2002, 07:51 AM   #67
rujonesin
Did I get somewhat personal in my post? Yes. Firstly because my story is true and you were pissed because you thought we were going to do trades for a lot more than one animal. When it came time to ship and all I wanted was one cat it suddenly wasn't worth your time. If that snake was skinny and mite infested why was it you were trying to trade me cats for half of my collection? The fact of the matter is Dan and I got along fairly well for a little over a month and talked on the phone frequently. As far as me trying to pressure you into shipping me the cat quickly before you found out what sex the snake was that's just not true. You got that snake from me at the end of Nov. and the kittens were only three weeks old. You wanted to wait until they were 7 weeks old and I said that would work out great because it was a Christmas gift for my kids. (sons) That whole month we talked Dan was trying to turn me into a cat breeder by offering me all these trades for very nice cats, I just didn't have room for them and really didn't want to part with the snakes he wanted. There were several times he offered me a pretty enticing trade offer and I actually thought about it. When it all came down to it all I wanted was one kitten. I was even going to pay another $300 cash to cover the fact that the anery was a male and shipping. Then when it came time to ship the anery back because he failed to ship the cat it "escaped" and took him several weeks to find it. All of the sudden it was my fault he didn't send the cat and he wanted me to pay for shipping. The rest of the story is in my first post. The person who took care of this whole problem is VERY well known in the herp businesss and if it is needed will post on here to support my story. I don't think it needs to come to that. After all the emails he sent to me and everyone else is it really that hard to believe this story? I won't get in a pissing match here like so many other people do. I tell my story and that's it. Maybe it got a little personal but he struck a nerve when it involved my kids. The fact about being married twice was something that came up in our conevrsations. He always told me how pissed his ex was that he had so many nice cats.
It is my personal opinion that if those snakes get shipped back it will take a very long time to get your money back. Maybe he will prove me wrong. I don't think his intention is to rip anyone off. Dan is just not the kind of guy to go out of his way to do something for someone. I also don't think he still has the $3800 that was sent to him. This post was about Dan's poor spam_business ethics. I told my story to support that. If he continues to lie about me I will have someone believeable back my story up. Fact of the matter is Dan the only thing most people want to see is you to refund some of the shipping money not the whole deal.

Mike Jones

Old 08-31-2002, 08:33 AM   #68
Neil Gubitz
Wow! I almost felt left out, until I got this "wonderful" e-mail from Dannyboy last night! (Edited for National Security, of course)....

I just went on your website.You have got to be kidding.You fxxxxxg check me on BOIspam_when you got a free fxxxxxgspam_web site with a bunch of bullsxxt snakesspam_on it.
spam_
"Dude" get a life, get aspam_real snakespam_collection, and get yourself a computerspam_spam_.
spam_
spam_ I sure hope someone points you out for me at a show.But no one I know has ever heard of you or seen you.See you soon.
spam_
DAN BIFIELD

Thanks, Dan.... I wouldn't have expected anything less! Well, as Bugs Bunny says....
What a "maroon"!! ....Neil

Old 08-31-2002, 08:39 AM   #69
Arboreals of the Rainforest
OK Dan,

Glad to see you finally responding civilly. spam_Now settle these few questions to start repairing your reputation.

1) Why $200 for shipping? spam_

2) Do you actually have his money in cash to refund should they return the snake? spam_And prove it since you stated, "If you are not happy send the snakes back for a full refund."

3) How did the URI get so far advanced if it was healthy when you shipped? spam_

EVERYONE is waiting on your answers in these matters. spam_No one really cares about your sex life, ex's, or all the other superfluous BS.

And just for you Dan since your so fond of checking us out my website is listed in my signature.
Courtesy of Neils email.
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Dude" get a life, get a real snake collection, and get yourself a computer spam_.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>Please feel free to put your foot in your mouth yet again.

Answer the questions.

Old 08-31-2002, 12:07 PM   #70
HerpVenue
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just went on your website.You have got to be kidding.You fxxxxxg check me on BOI when you got a free fxxxxxg web site with a bunch of bullsxxt snakes on it.

"Dude" get a life, get a real snake collection, and get yourself a computer spam_.

spam_I sure hope someone points you out for me at a show.But no one I know has ever heard of you or seen you.See you soon.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

is this a little man complex or what?

Frequent use of expletives.
"I have a real computer, you don't"
"I have better snakes than you"
"I am a real breeder, you are not"
"I have a website I pay for, you don't"
"People have heard of me but they have not heard of you"
"I am gonna be selling morphs one day..You won't"

Dan that is great that you offered a full refund etc etc.
But if you were a truly great breeder....you would have just left it at that. spam_YOu would not have used all those curse words. spam_You would not have put people down just to make yourself look better. spam_TONS and TONS of people come to this website. spam_What are they gonna see? spam_That you think you are the greatest. spam_That you put people down just because you THINK you have a better collection than they do.

Reaserch Dan Do Reaserch.
Neil is not a breeder. spam_He is a Dealer. spam_A pet shop. spam_And he has sold some quality animals. spam_And as far as I know...He has only had ONE (1) unhappy customer.

ONE (1) unhappy customer for him.
TWO (2) for you....
who is better now?

He communicates or tries to with his customers.
You DON'T
who is better now?

He at least tries to be civil before using those wonderful curse words.
You DON'T
who is better now?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But no one I know has ever heard of you or seen you.See you soon.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'> spam_I guess you do not know too many people.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!