Has anyone done business with Ben Anvar-California? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
Iguanalady
Question Has anyone done business with Ben Anvar-California?

I did a search and nothing came back on his name. He is wanting to buy an bunch of my baby bearded dragons. Has anyone done business with him?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
aquarianfuture
Regarding Ben Anvar from California

Hello there,
I'm assuming that there probably is not more than one Ban Anvar from California. That being said i did some business with him a few years ago and got reemed over it.
Granted it was a different sort of merchandise- pro audio to be exact. Basically he took the money and shipped everything extremely poorly and would not return emails or calls thereafter and take responsibility for the damages it incurred. Although this is a different kind of merchandise i think its safe to say that his ethics arent exactly sound.
so there you go. if you have current contact info I would be very interested in obtaining it as well.
thanks
Bill

Old 05-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
Iguanalady
I did the deal with him since nothing came back on his name. The deal went smoothly but we had some issues. I sent him his beardies as scheduled. He contacted me a couple of weeks after recieving them saying they were sick. I offered him 4 replacements and never heard from him for another month. When I did hear from him he said he had lost 4 of them and that he had more dying. I told him since his 30 days were up, I would still honor his previous replacements but needed him to send pictures and to fill out a questionaire in order to recieve credit for any more. He threw a fit because I, like any other breeder would have questioned his husbandry. I have not heard from him again. He never responded on whether he wanted the 4 replacements or not so I did not send them. I had gotten screwed by DHL and they refused to bill him the shipping charges. I told him I would gladly ship him the other 4 beardies but asked him if he would mind paying shipping charges since I got stuck with a $70 bill from his first shipment. I have not heard from him since. I don't think he was running a scam on me, but found him unreasonable when I "insulted" that the reason for die off was probably due to husbandry. Take it for what it is worth. As far as contact information. I have a cell phone number and a secondary address to send the shipment too. Just PM me for the info, I don't post personal info about my customers (good or bad) on a public board.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!