MG reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #41
Wilomn
Robin, let me address why some of us, myself in particular, defended matt so long and what another, perhaps not often seen by outsiders or relative newbs, side of the BOI and fauna is like.

We do stick up for one another because we feel that we know eachother better than the guy having the problem. We've often seen, as with matt, where in his past a problem was handled quickly and properly and we really really want to ASSume that all of his problems will be handled the same way.

We invest of ourselves in eachother, we form unspoken bonds here that we are fighting on the same side, hold the same ideals true, want the same good for our fellow keepers that we know ourselves to hold true to. We SEE that and then it's hard NOT to see that when one whom we know, maybe not personally but well enough to speak for, falls from that standard to a lower one that is NOT acceptable.

Even then, when we've seen it, we hope, we know, we hope that it's a temporary aberration, not a permanent dive into poor business practices or, even worse as has happened, scumbaggitry itself.

It's not that it's a clique thing, anyone showing for long enough the standards and honesty that we/me/us want to be known as having ourselves will eventually become part of that group if they want to, sometimes whether they want to or not, and then, once there, they too get the unasked for backing that you saw with matt and the EXTREME disappointment that you now see in regaurds to matt.

It's not that we want to back a known bad guy. It's just hard to see one of your own fall. You keep hoping and hoping and when you finally realize that it's just not going to happen, he's not going to go back to that guy you stood up for blindly, time has passed and folks who don't understand what you and the other supporters had invested in that support misunderstand.

That's where I think a lot of the ill will and bad feelings come in. It's not that we/I want to give a bad guy time to be bad, to excuse his bad ways. We/I felt such surprise that it was hard to believe the change and being hard to believe it took a long time to sink in that it was for real.

It happens sometimes but not because we/I thought it was ok for him to do, just that the incredulity rendered us unbelieving for too long.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #42
Dr Owens
I read this on Matt's website:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGReptiles
This page is dedicated to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. If it was not for my beliefs and the Lord helping me through everyday life I would not be able to continue. There are so many things that I need to thank Him for this site being one of them. I put every effort to be who I am supposed to be in His name but we all fall short of His glory. It is hard to walk the walk you have to be a Christian but we always have someone walking beside us and carrying us when the trail becomes to rough for us too walk alone.

MY PRAYER
Lord thank you for everything I have in my life. Thank you for my Mother who has always told me of you and shown me that all things are possible through You. Thank you for this site and for the success you have brought to it. I will do everything in my power to treat people in the way you would treat them. Help me to make the right decisions and be a guide to others. Please be with me and my family and watch over the reptile hobbyists and community. Put yourself on the people's hearts that are doing wrong in this business that they will not do harm to others. In your name I pray.
Amen

Anyone that needs prayer for themselves or a family member all you have to do is callor email me. Or if you just need someone to talk to, I am available 24 hours a day. If I am not home, leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I get the message.

Thank You for reading this and
God Bless

Read The bible on-line

And then I read these posts:
Quote:
Sammy, Your one jeck of a person, I truly hope I am there when you are judged...
Quote:
Sharp- You are what whats her name just said.. The dirt on the bottom of my shoe.. You ARE the Roach.. You actually look like a child molester from your pics..lol..
Quote:
Do you really think that this site can harm my business?? Are you in some other dimension where people like lilly, sharp, jim o and Dennis matter..lol..

Wes, I am the same dude, just not on here hoss.. You have to come to a point where you dont care about a few idiots(ooooppsssss) comments.. I figured you to be one pretty thick skinned and didnt take this type of crap seriously.. Anywho I love ya man!

Dennis Thomas:::Sorry about that man, I didnt know she was your wife..ahem.. xwife...lol..lol.mook

I bet Jesus wouldn't have done THAT...

Old 02-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #43
v2rherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Robin, let me address why some of us, myself in particular, defended matt so long and what another, perhaps not often seen by outsiders or relative newbs, side of the BOI and fauna is like.

We do stick up for one another because we feel that we know eachother better than the guy having the problem. We've often seen, as with matt, where in his past a problem was handled quickly and properly and we really really want to ASSume that all of his problems will be handled the same way.

We invest of ourselves in eachother, we form unspoken bonds here that we are fighting on the same side, hold the same ideals true, want the same good for our fellow keepers that we know ourselves to hold true to. We SEE that and then it's hard NOT to see that when one whom we know, maybe not personally but well enough to speak for, falls from that standard to a lower one that is NOT acceptable.

Even then, when we've seen it, we hope, we know, we hope that it's a temporary aberration, not a permanent dive into poor business practices or, even worse as has happened, scumbaggitry itself.

It's not that it's a clique thing, anyone showing for long enough the standards and honesty that we/me/us want to be known as having ourselves will eventually become part of that group if they want to, sometimes whether they want to or not, and then, once there, they too get the unasked for backing that you saw with matt and the EXTREME disappointment that you now see in regaurds to matt.

It's not that we want to back a known bad guy. It's just hard to see one of your own fall. You keep hoping and hoping and when you finally realize that it's just not going to happen, he's not going to go back to that guy you stood up for blindly, time has passed and folks who don't understand what you and the other supporters had invested in that support misunderstand.

That's where I think a lot of the ill will and bad feelings come in. It's not that we/I want to give a bad guy time to be bad, to excuse his bad ways. We/I felt such surprise that it was hard to believe the change and being hard to believe it took a long time to sink in that it was for real.

It happens sometimes but not because we/I thought it was ok for him to do, just that the incredulity rendered us unbelieving for too long.
i'm glad a few are seeing the light now!

these types of things were happening back then just as much as now. alot of buyers didn't want to post,
because of people jumping on them and defending matt. this is nothing new, just more are posting on the boi , finally.

what goes around comes around, sooner or later, imo.

go ahead matt, give me a neg. rep for my opinion too! negative reps from you mean nothing, it's like a bum telling someone "their poor"

vaughn

Old 02-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #44
rabernet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn

Wes, thank you for your post. Although I don't post a great deal here, I do visit quite often and I respect your opinion.

If I inferred that the past supporters of Matt were a clique, that was not my intention, and I certainly was not intending to be critical of the BOI. I just know from where I was sitting, as a relative unknown here, it frustrated me that a) I didn't have the confidence to post my experiences sooner and b) that others didn't seem to be able to see what was so clear to me.

Even in the recent long thread on Matt, when you stood up for him as believing him to be a good guy at heart, I knew that he was still fooling you and I was even more confident that given enough rope, he would show his true self. Again, not a criticism of you, Wes - as anyone who has you supporting them, certainly has a fierce and worthy ally!

I've just been holding this in for so long, and today I felt compelled to share what I've been observing for some time now, in regards to how Matt truly treats any dis-satified customer.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #45
BryonsBoas
Quote:
hahahahahahaha.. I love you Jamie.. I am glad you think I am joking about certain things...lol..

Sharp- You are what whats her name just said.. The dirt on the bottom of my shoe.. You ARE the Roach.. You actually look like a child molester from your pics..lol..

ROCK ON..lol..lol

And whats her name.. You have no clude how I treat my customers. I actually love my customers but you know what a man can only take so much from people like you.. We did 1/4 of a million in sales last year and looking at 350k this year.. So like I said your opinion dosent really matter... Nice cat btw..
Sad and disappointing is an understatement. I had a customer of mine order from Matt for supplies needed to finish a rack for him. Matt shipped the order to me for install with no problems . This was a while back tho . After reading the last thread I started sending folks elsewhere and you can bet I've been going elsewhere as well. After reading this thread ( above quote especially ) I absolutely will not go to Matt nor send anyone his way. I used to consider Matt a friend but I'm thinking I'd rather not be associated with the likes him.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:11 PM   #46
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet
Wes, thank you for your post. Although I don't post a great deal here, I do visit quite often and I respect your opinion.

If I inferred that the past supporters of Matt were a clique, that was not my intention, and I certainly was not intending to be critical of the BOI. I just know from where I was sitting, as a relative unknown here, it frustrated me that a) I didn't have the confidence to post my experiences sooner and b) that others didn't seem to be able to see what was so clear to me.

Even in the recent long thread on Matt, when you stood up for him as believing him to be a good guy at heart, I knew that he was still fooling you and I was even more confident that given enough rope, he would show his true self. Again, not a criticism of you, Wes - as anyone who has you supporting them, certainly has a fierce and worthy ally!

I've just been holding this in for so long, and today I felt compelled to share what I've been observing for some time now, in regards to how Matt truly treats any dis-satified customer.
Robin, I didn't get any inferred clique clacks from you, just thought I'd head of any thought of it at the pass, so to speak.

With matt it wasn't so much that it couldn't be seen, for me anyway, as I didn't want to see it and knew he could make it right if he wanted to. As you said, I am a rather fierce ally.

As far as unknowns posting on the BOI, I do understand the hesitation expressed by many. We/I can be rough BUT once we/I have established the veracity of whatever was posted, it makes no difference if it's your first post or the thousandth. I know it's hard to see when you're new, but that's my take on it.

It does keep some from posting as soon as might be good for all of us but I would hazard to guess that it also keeps a lot of scumbags from trying to hornswaggle us. This is a good thing in the big picture.

Anyway, welcome aboard and full steam ahead.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #47
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Do you really think that this site can harm my business?? Are you in some other dimension where people like lilly, sharp, jim o and Dennis matter..lol..

Wes, I am the same dude, just not on here hoss.. You have to come to a point where you dont care about a few idiots(ooooppsssss) comments.. I figured you to be one pretty thick skinned and didnt take this type of crap seriously.. Anywho I love ya man!

Dennis Thomas:::Sorry about that man, I didnt know she was your wife..ahem.. xwife...lol..lol.mook
I’m beginning to think you don’t like me anymore.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #48
Dennis Hultman
The comments you made were extreme poor taste.
Sammy has a daughter, I have a daughter, and so do you. That comment was the worst sort.

Also, going to other members sites and commenting on their appearance is just wrong. I think a few people might have some things to state about a mug like this.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 PM   #49
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
[size=4][b]I read this on Matt's website:
Yeah, not quit walking the walk that he preaches.

Speaking of that, I have to laugh a little being called an idiot by Matt.

It was a last year when someone posted that Matt was such an expert and knew his Boas. I think I was laughing a half-hour straight.
Even my three-year-old knows the difference between a BRB and CRB when compared to a BCI.

Matt stuck to his guns though, stated this was a CRB or Brazilian Rainbow Boa for about a week.

When Seamus tried to explain-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
That's absolutely absurd, the animal pictured isn't even remotely close to a rainbow boa.

It looks like a mutt BCI... Boa constrictor imperator are the most common subspecies in captivity in the US but long term captive bloodlines aren't always subspecifically pure... Given an unknown animal there's a pretty good chance it's got some mixed subspecies someplace in it's lineage but there's no way to know for certain without collection data and/or a verifiable family tree.

Phenotypically I'd lean towards BCI or BCI mutt though, it doesn't bear any particular resemblance to any of the rarer (in captivity) subspecies really. Where'd you get it and what was it called by it's previous owner?
His next post was-

Quote:
Seamus you are the biggest prick I have ever talked to. I mean really what is the matter with you? Did you not get enough attention from your parents, or mabey alittle to much...Why dont ya do everyone a favor a shoot yourself....
Then a few post later.

Quote:
God Bless both of you, have a wonderful week....

Old 02-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #50
Chameleon Company
Quote:
Seamus you are the biggest prick I have ever talked to
Ahhhhh, but it was a saintly prick you were thinking of !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!