BAD GUY, Again - Matt @ MG Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:46 PM   #11
justin-branam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileEmpire
Justin, I would suggest that when you receive the package, you do not open it. Call Paypal and explain everything to them to see what they can do, if they refuse to help you (which is likely, they help con artists like Matt more than they do their customers), then bypass them and call your credit card company directly. They will tell you send the package back, which you can simply take it to the post office and have it refused, but sometimes they will want proof such as a tracking number.

The problem you face here is that it is against paypals TOS to go directly to your CC company, but that may be the only choice they leave you.

Matt, I don't know what you call "slow shipping", but this is well beyond that. Lying repeatedly to your customers, threatening people, trashing others reputations, and shipping something after you know the customer has canceled their order are all completely disgusting acts in my book.

Casey Tevebaugh

Do you have an actual number for paypal handy. i couldnt seem to locate it. If they wont help, i shure will go to my CC comapny, even if i am committing "fraud" .

also, how does the voting work for the suspended certificates forum. do you have to be a paid member? bet you can guess for who and what my vote will be!

Old 03-16-2007, 02:02 AM   #12
Snakepliscan
RE: Paypal Number

Paypal is owned by eBay. You can call eBay toll free at 1-800-322-9266
They should be able to transfer you to paypal or give you a direct number.
Hope this helps!

Old 03-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
ReptileEmpire
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin-branam
DIf they wont help, i shure will go to my CC comapny, even if i am committing "fraud" .
Justin, I know for a fact it is not fraud unless you keep the items and still file a charge back. Also Matt likes to throw the attorney card around alot, and so far it has always been complete BS. Even if he ever did try something with an attorney, this is a "Sale of Goods" transaction,governed by the UCC. Matt is considered a "Merchant" under the UCC, and is held to a higher standard than a consumer. The fact that he shipped after knowing you had canceled the order basically forfeits any claim he has for anything against you.

Just for info, I called my Visa company and talked to the rep about Paypal, according to them when the CC company issues a charge back to Paypal, paypal will treat it as if you filed a dispute and won. They charge back to the merchant, but they will not allow you to use that same card for anymore transactions through Paypal. I don't know if that really matters to you or not but I thought you could use the info. Best of luck to you,

Casey

Old 03-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #15
justin-branam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileEmpire
Justin, I know for a fact it is not fraud unless you keep the items and still file a charge back. Also Matt likes to throw the attorney card around alot, and so far it has always been complete BS. Even if he ever did try something with an attorney, this is a "Sale of Goods" transaction,governed by the UCC. Matt is considered a "Merchant" under the UCC, and is held to a higher standard than a consumer. The fact that he shipped after knowing you had canceled the order basically forfeits any claim he has for anything against you.

Just for info, I called my Visa company and talked to the rep about Paypal, according to them when the CC company issues a charge back to Paypal, paypal will treat it as if you filed a dispute and won. They charge back to the merchant, but they will not allow you to use that same card for anymore transactions through Paypal. I don't know if that really matters to you or not but I thought you could use the info. Best of luck to you,

Casey
yeah, i understand the whole fraud thing, thats why i added the smiley. i already talked to my uncle, who really is an attorney (unlike matts claims of knowing one), and is actually only about 50 miles from matt, and he told me exactly what i needed to know. he also let me know it would only take him about 10 minutes to clear this up if it comes down to that, but im going to wait a few more days to see if my package actually arrives, and then ill take it from there.

it sucks, but paypal used to be good until ebay got a hold of it

Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #16
LeosForLess
"Thermostats and flexwatt can take up to 7 working days before
shipping" Is there any reason your shipping should be so slow?

Old 03-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #17
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeosForLess
"Thermostats and flexwatt can take up to 7 working days before
shipping" Is there any reason your shipping should be so slow?
Get a grip man. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to go after Matt. But to harp on him over him telling people up front it may take that long is just being stupid.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #18
bigman466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakepliscan
Paypal is owned by eBay. You can call eBay toll free at 1-800-322-9266
They should be able to transfer you to paypal or give you a direct number.
Hope this helps!

If your looking for paypal's number here it is 1-800-854-1366 wish you luck with them

Old 03-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #19
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGReptiles
I dont rip anyone off, just ahve slow shipping.. Anywho.. You guys a blessed day!!

The Bean Farm doesn't and that's EXACTLY who gets my orders. I had 2 similar experiences with Matt back in 2005/2006. You know the old saying, screw me once..... Well, I switched to the Bean Farm and have placed MULTIPLE orders and have not only been surprised at their communication and shipping times but they often send me extra items for free. NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE and something that Matt will never do.

Here's to you Matt and thank you for showing people what Christians are NOT.

Griz

Old 03-17-2007, 09:15 AM   #20
Traci1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Get a grip man. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to go after Matt. But to harp on him over him telling people up front it may take that long is just being stupid.
I agree! Matt obviously has problems, but now it's getting to a point where people are just jumping on the "lets bash Matt for fun bandwagon"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!