Scott's Serpents - BAD GUY - OBVIOUSLY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #1
melas
Scott's Serpents - BAD GUY - OBVIOUSLY

So yeah . . . you guys have a great thing going here. I just wish I had found it in March instead of today!

I found Mr. Sanchez on Kingsnake.com. I began emailing him in regards to a pair of adult Burmese Pythons. After several emails I decided I would take the Female for $200 shipped. In an email he stated that he only accepted money orders or cashier's check. This immediately sent up red flags for me. I did some google searches on both his name and his business and found nothing. I posted a question on the Kingsnake.com forum asking if anyone had any dealings with him. This post was immediately removed as I guess it volated their Terms of Use. Without any information saying he was good or bad I decided I would go ahead and give him a try. Still a bit leary I called him and requested that he call me back. I explained that I was a bit nervous and that by talking to him I might be more at ease. He did call me back and he seemed knowledgeable and genuine. A nice guy in fact. I asked him if he would take paypal or a credit card. He said he would not as he had been "scammed" too many times before. I could understand that so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and sent a cashier's check via Certified Mail. The check was cashed and he emailed me for a ship date. We decided on a day, I took off work for it and received no snake. I emailed him trying to find out what happened. To this day I have received no more communication from him. At first I thought that maybe something happened to him or a family member. It has been several weeks now and after scanning through this forum I am positive that I've been had. Included below are copies of my correspondence.

I sent the first message via Kingsnake's contact page so that message was copied from his repy message - Messages are in reverse order with the most recent at the top.

Quote:
To:matalleATcomcast.net
Subject:Re: one more thing . . .
Date:Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:18:40 AM

What add do you want me to send to? I will send out tomorrow if that is ok or should I ship wed.?

matalleATcomcast.net wrote:
Any word yet? Did you get my voicemail? Thanks!

Matt

-------------- Original message --------------
ok will check tomorrow

PO box #1481
Burbank,CA 91507

Certified Mail . . . you will have to sign for it.

did not get it yet what ADD did you ens it to?

Just curious if you got cashier's check yet? I attached an image of all of our local temps here for this week. If we don't ship this week I won't be around to receive a shipment until the end of next week (Thursday or Friday). Let me know what you want to do. Thanks!

Matt

He is a yellow head and Het for tiger I will send pics on Monday/Tuesday I am going out of town this weekend.

So is it het for tiger or het for yellow head? Any pics?

Matt

I have a 4ft het tiger Retic yellow head very pretty!!!! and tame Asking $ 380 shipped.

Scott,

Sorry about the flurry of emails! You are probably thi nking that this is not even worth all the hassle . . my appologies! I just wanted to let you know that my wife actually went ahead and sent you the cashier's check. I guess I didn't communicate the whole thing properly to her. So yeah . . . if you get that check on Tuesday or Wednesday would you be able to ship her out next week before I go to Nashville on the 25th? Thanks!

Also, do you ever get baby Tiger Retics or even larger, super-tame adults/sub-adults?? Thanks again!

Matt

Hey Matt here are the pics.....

Thanks,
Scott
ScottsSerpents.com
(818) 445-4849

Thanks! I didn't send the check yet because I wanted to talk to you on the phone first . . . no offense but I guess I just need to make sure this isn't a scam. I've never been a fan of sending Cashier's checks to P.O. boxes. I still REALLY want this snake and I have the check sitting here. I just want to make sure everything is legit. I appreciate your patience on this. I left you two voicemails on this number (818) 445-4849. Please give me a call @ (717) xxx-xxxx any time before 11pm EST. Thanks!

Matt

The total is $200 w/ shipping shipped to your door.

$140.00 Burmese Python 12ft .1
$60.00 Shipping fee
Total: $200.00 OTD w/Shipping

-Scott
ScottsSerpents.com

Okay then I'll send a cashier's check today. Please hold the snake for me. Thanks!

my paypal account is down right now....

Would you take paypal? I see that you have it on your website. Thanks!

Matt

The female is a little over 11ft long and she is aval. I take cashiers checks,postal money orders,buisness checks.Very tame and healthy snake.

Please send payment to:

PO box #1481
Burbank,CA 91507

Make the check out to Terry Scott Sanchez

Thanks,
Scott
ScottsSerpents.com
(818) 445-4849

Okay so do you have both still? Is the female the 11footer? If you have them both I will take the larger one as long as it is tame. Please email me back with instructions. I guess your kingsnake.com ad has expired . . . .i forget what you ad said regarding payment terms etc . . .
[Let me interject here - his ad was REMOVED from kingsnake because of his "business" practices - wish they would have notified anyone emailing him at this point - would have saved me a lot of headache as well as $200]

Quote:
I ship via Fedex overnight 10:30 am delivery. This Burm is very tame I will Garr. that.

Thanks,

Scott
ScottsSerpents.cvom

I see that you don't gurantee the temperment of your animals, unde rstandable, but I would be using these as presentation animals. I just need to be assured that they are not cage aggressive or aggressive otherwise (I realize they may have the classic burm feeding response - that's cool). What is your shipping method? Do/can you do door to door overnight or do you use delta dash etc? Thanks!

Matt

they are about 4-5 yrs old they were somones pet. Never breed. I am located in Burbank,CA 91504

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised
[This is my original email to him - it was sent through the Kingsnake.com system - i just copied this out of his reply]
Quote:
what other info can you give me about this pair? how old are t hey. h ave they been bred previously. why are you getting rid of them? do you have any additional pics? where are you located. thanks!

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=484819&cat=7

Old 05-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Cat_72
I see Terry/Scott/whatever Sanchez his name is today is still at it......

I'm sorry he ripped you off.....I'm not certain, but have you contacted your bank to see if there is anything they can do with the cashiers check?

I would file a complaint at KS as well..if enough people complain, maybe hell get banned from there too....

Old 05-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Matthew, His real name is Terrance Sanchez. A known Scammer.

This is his last known address.

2301 north Niagra
Apt 201
Burbanks CA 91504

A couple of previous threads.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=95585
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=82824

Old 05-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
melas
Actually my wife works at the bank . . . once cashed there's nothing that can be done (we did get some info on him from the back of the check). Thanks for the info! I will definitely use this info when I contact the local police etc.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by melas
Actually my wife works at the bank . . . once cashed there's nothing that can be done (we did get some info on him from the back of the check). Thanks for the info! I will definitely use this info when I contact the local police etc.

Good Luck!

All the other threads.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=83731
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=97552
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=95585
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=88892
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=82824
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=86090
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=97159
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=96209
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=80870

Old 05-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
melas
So how did you get this picture? Are you local to the area? Its pretty funny that we've posted a pic of the outside of his house. . . this dude has some cahones if he continues after that. I'm sure he will though . . .

Old 05-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by melas
So how did you get this picture? Are you local to the area? Its pretty funny that we've posted a pic of the outside of his house. . . this dude has some cahones if he continues after that. I'm sure he will though . . .

Photo courtesy of another member ( Thanks Wes) in one of the threads I linked above.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
Serafim
Posting a photo of his house won't stop a scammer like that. He posted that to let him know he can be found. The guy is an idiot and will not stop until someone stops him..Legally I mean LOL..

Old 05-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #9
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
Posting a photo of his house won't stop a scammer like that. He posted that to let him know he can be found. The guy is an idiot and will not stop until someone stops him..Legally I mean LOL..

Exactly.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:50 PM   #10
Jim O
Hasn't this guy done enough to be charged with mail fraud?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!