Info 5dollarmealworms.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
puckett26
5dollarmealworms.com

Hi, my name is David Puckett. I have order from 5dollarmealworms.com (Patricia castillo) twice and neither time went very well. Once wasnt really their fault but the communication was horrible. Im not sure if it deserves a bad guy thread so Ill post it as info. I would post the email communications but there wasnt any, I send them one and they dont reply. So Im just going to do my best to post what happened.
Back on June 4th I order 1000 meals worms from them and got confirmation from paypal saying the money was sent to Patricia Castillo. I was tracking the package and the third day its status was "Out for delivery". So I stayed at home waiting for the mail lady to drop off the package but nothing. I tracked it again and it said delivered. I was confused because no one came to my door and I had already checked my mail box earlier in the day and they werent there. Only reason I mention this is because I emailed them to ask them if they had heard anything before I went back to the mailbox and they never replied. The next day I went to check my mail and the box wouldnt open, long story short something got broken in the mailbox I could not get my mail for about a week(I live in a town home community and it has community mailboxes).
Ok now to the present, I decided it wasnt their fault so I order 2000 meal worms this time instead (trying to start my own colony). It came out to be $10 for 2000 worms and $10 shipping for a total of $20. I paid on the July 11 and on the 12th they were shipped. Yesterday on July 14th the package says out for delivery. By 3pm I figured the mail lady should have already came so I went to the mailbox fearing she put the box in there again. When I get there, there is one of those little postage slips that says I owe $4.25 shipping. At this point Im confused as to why I need to pay more. It also said that I could pick it up today(7/14). I then run up to the post office and the clerk said that the mail lady hadnt returned from her route yet and that she should have put tomorrow (7/15) as the day to pick it up. I went home and emailed them right away and again no response. The next day I go back to pick it up and get a verbal chastisement from the clerk. She said that she didnt even know how the package got shipped because there wasnt enough postage paid. She also said that it shouldnt have shipped because the worms were falling out. She brought me out the package inside another box. The box had holes all over it that were about 1 inch wide with a cloth bag filled with mealworms and newspaper. Apparently the worms were getting out somewhere and there were about 100 at the bottom of the box so there is no telling how many fell out prior(i guess thats one of the reasons the mail clerk lady was so angry). Prior to this I did a BOI search for 5dollarmealworms and nothing came up. Just today I did it again and this time searched Patricia Castillo and found out about Elvis Mendoza being a part of the company. So i just sent him an PM explaining this but I doubt I get a response.
I know that it was only $4.25 but I paid the requested shipping, I dont feel I should have to pay more. And like I said I dont know how many mealworms fell out before I got them. I cant say I have ordered a ton of animals and feeders online but I definately have ordered my fair share and never have I been completely ignored. I just want to make everyone aware that the communication was non-existant and to beware if they choose to order from them.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Kristi23
I have used them before with no problems, but other people have had issues. Elvis didn't handle the situations well, so I don't order from him anymore. I know there is a thread here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
puckett26
Thanks Kristi, its really unfortunate but I dont think there would be a solution to this. Do you think if I requested the 4.25 back from paypal I would get it?

Old 07-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckett26 View Post
Thanks Kristi, its really unfortunate but I dont think there would be a solution to this. Do you think if I requested the 4.25 back from paypal I would get it?
I have no idea, but it won't hurt to try it. Good luck!

Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
bsbender0927
I order 2k mini mealworms from 5dollarmealworms about once a month for the last few months and have never had a problem.
I feel they should pay you the $4.25.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
Focal
Sorry you got worked over on this one. Hopefully paypal will reimburse you. I would stay far away from Best Crickets, $5mealworms, Elvis or whoever they are now.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
puckett26
Yea wont happen again. My father once told me, "Learn from you mistakes, but dont get you whole education that way."

Old 07-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
suki'smom
I know how you feel. I ordered from them twice before with no problem. Then a few months ago I placed an order for 2000 mealworms and have never received them. I pmed him on here a couple weeks after not receiving them and he said that he was sorry for the inconvenience and that he would ship them out the next day. After a few more weeks I still did not receive them so I pmed him again with no response. Finally after a about a month I emailed him and still got no response. I was more than patient and polite with the guy and simply wanted my mealworms that I paid for. That was about three months ago and I haven't heard anything, don't have my mealworms or my money back. Never again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!