Old Guys who Drive! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
PoohBear03031
Old Guys who Drive!

I am so ticked off right now! I just got home from food shopping, where I was sideswiped by some old guy in the parking lot. When I got out of the car, the first thing I asked him was if he was okay. Which he snidely responded, yes I'm okay. Didn't even ask me if I was. He asked me if I knew what had just happened, and I responded no, not really. I meant that I didn't know how he could have hit me, but he responds by telling me that I hit him! I know I didn't hit him, but I am not going to start telling off an old man. So I say how could I have hit you, to which he acted like he hadn't heard me. He continues his holier than thou speech by saying that he is willing to just drop it, and not involve the insurance companies. Big surprise there, since he's the one who hit ME! There is only minimum damage done to my van, so I told him that was fine. Plus I was about to tell him what a senile old coot he was! This is the second time I have been hit by a old man, the first time was when I was 16, and the same thing happened. Even though the guy drove straight into my car, he said it was my fault! And if there weren't so many witnesses, the cop said that I would have been blamed! I am a polite person, I have been taught to respect my elders no matter what, but COME ON! Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest. Just to make it clear, I don't hate all old people. Just the ones who seem to like to drive into my car, and then tell me it's my fault!

Old 10-31-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
Cat_72
I feel for ya.....but it's not just old guys that do that sort of thing (though you seem to attract them, lol). We were recently "witnesses" to an accident in a parking lot....a little sports car full of MAYBE 21 year old girls backed right into a family in an old Suburban....the Suburban had fully backed out of its parking space, and was just starting to pull forward to drive away when the girls flew backward out of their parking space and smashed into them. The girl driving got out and started yelling at the guy driving the Suburban for hitting her. She couldn't have even looked before backing out.....there's no way she could have missed seeing that big Suburban behind her if she had. Yet she claimed they hit her. Uh huh.

I had to giggle a bit though.....you can imagine that big old Suburban looked like compared to that little fancy sportscar Heh.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #3
coyote
You know, the old guy may be impaired. Did you report it or take down his plate number?

Old 11-01-2005, 05:12 AM   #4
DAND
Wink

You should be ashamed of yourself. Trying to strong arm an old man out of the closer parking space like that. Good for him standing his ground. He should have hit you in the shins with his cane too.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #5
Junkyard
Amanda, you're mean! I know how you people work, just throwing your vehicle in front of old folks so you can get a lot of money out of them...j/k

The most annoying drivers are the old guys drive a sports car at 60mph in the fast lane on a 70mph highway. Amazing other drivers do not smash them into pieces.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:35 AM   #6
PoohBear03031
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
You know, the old guy may be impaired. Did you report it or take down his plate number?

No, I didn't. Quite honestly, I didn't think of it. The guy was really rude and I just wanted to get away from him. I think it is quite obvious that he shouldn't be driving, but unfortunately many Senior citizens that are a danger in a car have to drive. They have to do their own shopping, errands etc., because they don't have anyone to do it for them. I just want to add, I am not mad that he hit me. Yeah , that is annoying, but it is the fact that I believe he knew he had hit me, and was very rude to me to top it off. If it had been a younger person, I would've pushed the insurance issue, but because he was old, and probably is on a fixed income I dropped it.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:50 AM   #7
techgirl
i know how u feel. i had an elderly man run me off the road not once, but twice and i almost winded up in oncoming traffic! when i caught up to him to see if he even realized what had occurred he ignored me like nothing happened!! his wife was trying to hide her face from me screaming at them from my car. he actually had to nerve to swerve into my car as if he was going to hit me again. that was the last straw and i winded up throwing everything that was withing grabbing distance out my window at them. then a trooper pulled me over and gave me a lecture and then said he saw what happened and went after the guy. in the end i was quite thrilled to see the guy pulled over and his car being taken away. of course i had to honk and wave

Old 11-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #8
PoohBear03031
I have that happen on almost a monthly basis, but it is usually by younger people. I'm not talking about teenagers, I am talking younger than old men. It usually forty somethings, in sports cars!

Old 11-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #9
psilocybe
At the risk of sounding insensitive, I have absolutely no respect for old fossils who INSIST on driving when they are clearly a risk to themselves and everyone else on the road. I have been nearly run over crossing the street (using crosswalks while I had the right of way) by little ol' grannies and gramps squinting through their 1-inch thick bifocals and not realizing the light is red and I am crossing. And guess what! The old bitch actually had the nerve to give me a dirty look when she nearly bowled me over!

For a lot of these people, driving is a matter of pride. I've had numerous encounters with DWO offenders (driving while old), and most of them are pompous assholes. They feel they have to maintain their "right" to drive (it's actually a priviledge) to keep from feeling old. Well I've got news for them. Your old as dirt, deal with it! We all will have to at some point.

My friend borrowed my car one day because it was raining and his truck didn't have windshield wiper blades. An old granny in a luxury SUV (Mercedes) came barreling down the hill and right into the back of my car! She never even slowed down, and ran into him at some 30 miles an hour! When the cops came, she said she couldn't get out of the car because her foot was in a cast. Well shit! You're old and handicapped! Take the goddamn bus!

A lot of you might feel this is cruel and insensitive. However, just because they are old does not mean they deserve my sympathy...if they are putting my life and everyone elses at risk by driving while old, they deserve my verbal wrath. And unfortunately most of the old gas bags I've had to encounter have been this way.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #10
PoohBear03031
Although I don't totally agree, that was just too funny!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!