okay suggestions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
suzuki4life
okay suggestions

I have some larger snakes coming so I will need larger rats....development takes time I know. I am planning to make some larger feeder/community cages for my back shed. Local salvage dealer said he will sell me old bath tubs for $5 per unit. I plan to cut them down to about 8-9" internal height. Heavy wire screen lid(3pc) with doors on either end. Center will be the food trough. I plan to cut the end off where the drain would be and make a metal removable wall to aid in cleaning.

I currently have 3 3-4' boas and one 2 1/2' ball python. I expect 2 6+' boas by summer for breeding this winter.

I have one rack in my basement. Currently 4 tubs (1.2) and one extra tub for the smaller and faster rats. (about 1-2 months old)

My very small colony(rack) went from 12 adults to 65 total in a little over a month so in my mind they are good breeders.

Will my idea work or is there a better way?

I plan to have 3 tub cages and try to seperate males and females. I will also have a freezer by year end to freeze any surplus....seperating my colony will be my last resort if the sanakes can't keep up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!